20- ice cold love

Silver had made a decision, he had to ask Winter out, this other secret admire had been giving Winter tons of notes and gifts and Silver himself was getting some too which Red had been suggesting were from Winter. Silver slowly approached Winter's room, "H-Hey Winter, can I talk to you?" Silver quietly and nervously said while he was blushing red.

Winter looked up from the scroll he was reading and said, "Sure, what is it?" Silver took a deep breath and quickly blurted out, "Will you date me?" Winter turned blue and said, "Um... S-Sure! Although I didn't expect you to ask me with the fact that Red's been leaving you gifts and notes." Silver smiled then began processing what Winter just said, "Wait! It was Red!?!?!" Silver said in shock.

Winter nodded and said, "Obviously, everyone could tell, he's shares a room with you and said he never saw or heard anything, plus Kinkajou told me, she saw Red place the note on your bed." Silver blushed even brighter red, "Oh no... I didn't know that and I don't want to break his heart, he's my best friend, Winter, can you help me let him down gently?" Silver asked Winter, Winter nodded and said, "After everything I've seen from him, including the bleeding in his sleep, I don't think I could sleep without having him not emotionally destroyed."

Silver and Winter then slowly walked over to his and Red's room, Red was laying high on his ledge asleep, "What should we say to him?" Silver asked nervously, Winter thought for a moment and said, "Well, we could just hit him with the blunt truth, it might shock him enough to where he doesn't process his emotions." Silver shook his head and said, "No! Red isn't that easily distracted, we need another way... Perhaps a card?"

"Oh yeah, great idea, a card that says, I stole your best friend's heart, great idea." Winter said sarcastically, Silver then said, "You try to think of something better." Winter then said, "Maybe we could..." He thought for a moment before continuing, "Ok fair enough a note would be the simplest solution." Silver then said, "Maybe we could give him a desert before to get him happy before we tell him?" Winter nodded and said, "That's a great idea, eating can calm the nervous, especially sweets, how about we make him some mixed iced berries?"

Silver nodded and they quickly went to gather some berries, from what Silver knew Red loved red berries and blueberries so it would be simple to mix and freeze them.

(an hour later)

Silver and Winter slowly approached Red as he slept with the bowl of cold crushed and mixed berries, Silver tapped Red on the shoulder, "Hey Red, me and Winter made you a snack." Red woke up sleepily and yawned widely before saying, "Really? Thanks!" As soon as he started to eat the mixed iced berries Silver said, "So... Red, as you may know, I've had a crush on Winter for quite awhile and now, I know this may be hard for you to hear but, me and him are dating." Red got up from eating and said, "Ok, that's good!"

Both Winter and Silver were confused by this, so Silver said, "And we know you sent the notes and gifts to me." Red then had a slightly annoyed look as he said, "Did Kinkajou tell you?" Winter nodded and Red continued, "The only reason I sent love notes and gifts to both of you was to make one of you make a move on the other, sorry for lying to you two for so long." Both Winter and Silver blushed in embarrassment, realizing they completely misunderstood Red's intents, Silver then said, "Y-Yeah of course, that's what we thought to!" Red then went back to eating from the bowl as Winter and Silver quickly left, "Well that was slightly embarrassing..." Silver said, Winter nodded and said, "Yeah, remind me to never fully trust Kinkajou again."

(Silver by Skykid762)