𝙸𝙸-𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚅

😼

_

I solemnly chewed my food, feeling a little bit depressed as I listen to the babbling of Ingrid's family, one after another. I couldn't even comprehend what they were talking about. It's confusing and deafening at best.

Collins households is sure loud and vocal. Quite the contrary to what my family is. Si Papa at Amethyst nga lang ang maingay sa amin.

We were currently having a lunch at the Collins' family house, Ingrid's parents invited us to catch up with what's going on with our life. Supposedly, ihahatid ko lang si Ingrid dito sa bahay nila and then say my greetings to her family before meeting with Alysha but they're persistent to make me stay. Meron pa sana akong importanteng lakad ngayon kaso ay pinilit ako ni Ingrid na manatili na muna kahit samahan ko na lang silang mag lunch.

It's not that I hated to be on the presence of my fiancé's family, it's just that they're relentless to pressure me into hurriedly marrying their daughter.

Nakakayamot naman talaga ang ganon diba? Yung parang pinapangunahan ka sa anong gusto mong mangyari sa relasyon niyo ng fiancé mo.

Every time na may meet up kami na ganito ay wala silang ibang itanong saken kundi kung kailan ko pakakasalan ang anak nila. Kahit alam naman nilang anim na buwan pa lang kaming engage ng anak nila—like  geez man! Can y'all chill out? Papunta rin naman kami run eh! Just chill!

“You don't like the food, Rhyzhen?” Aeriala, Ingrid's sister, softly ask enough for me to hear, who somehow sit beside me dahil nasa harapan lang namin ang asawa niya't anak. I give her a small smile and reassure her that I love the food. Its just that I'm not used to the food that served in front of me as I was when I still live here in the Philippines. Its taste good actually. For now, it's just that I'm used to German cuisines but I know I'll probably get used to it as I'm staying here in a while.

“Is the foods not up to your taste, Ms. Sauvettre?” Mr. Floyd, Ingrid's father ask with a hint of demanding on his voice. Ang talas talaga ng pandinig ng lalaki to, anlayo na namin ni Aeriala sa kanya ay narinig pa niya ang tanong ng anak niya saken.

“No sir. Naninibago lang po ako. Foods in Germany just really messed up my taste buds that much.” ani ko rito na ikinatawa ng mga kasamahan ko rito sa mesa.

“Well, we can't argue with that facts! Germans are really passionate with their cuisines just like the French or Italians—well, all of the european countries actually.” He light heartily said while nodding at what I just told him.

“Indeed it is.” Ingrid butted in. “Kung di ko lang kilala si Rhyzhen ay iisipin ko talagang laking German to eh!” aniya pa't humarap sa akin sabay kurot sa pisngi ko na may kasama pang pang gigigil.

Pinilit ko na lang ang sarili na tumawa kasabay nila habang pasimpleng inalis ang pagkurot nito sa pisngi ko.

“If you still want to change your food. We can change it naman.” Aeriala reassuringly said and I just shook off my head and said, “It's fine, I'm actually loving it! Don't worry.”

“If you say so.” she said after making sure I'm telling the truth. I just nod at her and then continue to eat my food.

Ingrid has a two sibling, Aeriala who is married to Kuya Leandro, they had a five year old daughter too who is such a cutie and so adorable, her name is Hera Mikeala, mag kasundo kami nito and she admitted that she loves spending time with me than Ingrid na ikinaselos naman nito. I always tease her about the said favouritism which always pisses Ingrid off.

Then, Aerulus, who is their eldest brother and the one who's currently running and managing their family company here in the Philippines. Though, he and his wife aren't here right now as they're celebrating their honeymoon on Hawaii.