Chapter 25

Ben stretched and yawned as he opened his tired eyes against the harsh light coming into the room. It wasn't his idea to leave the window open all night, or even all week, but if it made her happy...

He pulled her against him under the fluffy covers and pecked kisses all over her shoulders. "Your obsession with windows and views are disturbing my goodnight's sleep."

Cassie groaned and stretched her arms around to put her hands in his hair. "So you disturb mine?" She sleepily mumbled.

"Well, it is only fair," he said against her skin.

"Well, it is Mexico and the view is kind of great," she argued.

He turned her over, still kissing her skin. "I'd rather have this view." He pulled down the sheets to expose her naked body. He growled when he got them fully off. "Look at these amazing mountain peeks," he said as he traced his fingers over her breasts and nipples. He smirked when her back arched.

He continued, "But what's down this valley..." He ran his finger between her breasts. "Down past this beautifully growing field of new life..." He went down her stomach. "This river..." He moved his whole hand down her naval. "Did you know that drinking directly from it has a wonderful health benefit?"

He got lower down her body as she giggled. "Oh, is that right?"

"So right," he told her. "I should know, I'm a teacher."

"Of English," she giggled. They quickly turned to moans when he kissed down her stomach.

"That's right, that's the only sound I want coming from you these last couple of days here." He continued kissing lower and lower while spreading her legs open. Before he could reach in between them, he diverted to her thighs.

"Ben," she moaned, "please."

He kissed back up to her stomach. He then stopped and looked up at her with a smirk. "I'd say I've been someone else's daddy all week, wouldn't you?" He chuckled darkly when she arched her back. He didn't waste anymore time and put his mouth in between her legs.

A few hours later, the couple were at the swim up bar. Of course Cassie couldn't drink alcohol, so she got a virgin Pina Colada. Ben's only had a few alcoholic drinks while they were here, but wanted to be sober their last couple nights. Especially tonight on their anniversary.

After swimming until they pruned, they went back to the room to get ready for dinner. Ben couldn't keep his hands off of her as they did. He kept running his hands up and down her body, kissing her neck, her cheeks, her lips.

He had a hand around her waist as they went into the restaurant and pulled out her chair when they sat down. He had told the resort it was their anniversary when he booked the trip, so they had their finest bottle of champagne waiting to be opened as well.

Ben thanked them for the hospitality, but explained how Cassie couldn't have alcohol and that they'd settle for sparkling water instead. Once that came, Ben cracked open the bottle and poured them each a glass.

"To us, my darling," he toasted. "I love you. God, I love you." He picked up her hand and kissed the back of it.

"I love you more than anything in this world, Benedict. I can't wait to start this next crazy chapter with you and our son. Thank you for coming up to me on the beach that night."

Ben wiped a tear away. "Cheers, baby." They clinked glasses, then took a sip. They ordered food for both of them, but shared what they got. They also shared plenty of laughs and plenty of love. The only time Ben took his hand away from her's was to eat.

When the bill was settled, Ben insisted they go down onto the beach where the party was happening. They danced with non-alcoholic beverages in their hands and had the time of their lives. Ben held her close against the stumbling drunk college students, but didn't mind one bit.

He twirled her, swayed, spun, and dipped until they were sweaty and exhausted. "I don't want this to end," she whispered in his ear.

He smiled and wrapped his arms around her. "Now, where have I heard that before?" He asked.

She pretended to think. "I think maybe it was...here...maybe four years ago? Couldn't tell you. Um..." Ben started to laugh. "Let's see...oh! Right, it was me to you before you took me back to your room and blew my mind. Well, and my back."

He laughed even more and grabbed her by her butt, pulling her close. "While I very much want to blow your back more than once today, I think we need to take one more trip down memory lane. Come on."

He grabbed her hand and led her down to the beach, to the spot he had found her. She smiled as she trailed along with him. He turned to her as he said, "I believe I found you sitting right here." He helped her sit down on the spot.

Cassie looked happily around her, taking in the moon, the sand, the water, the memories. As she looked down and ran her fingers through the soft sand, he said, "And I believe I kneeled down next to you right here."

When she looked up at him, he was kneeling next to her, but on one knee and with a beautiful ring glimmering in the moonlight. She still put her hand over her mouth and felt the tears welling up. Ben already had some going down his cheeks with the widest smile she's ever seen from him.

"Coming up to you that night will always be the best decision I ever made. And I think I should tell you now that I didn't forget my lighter, it was just an excuse to come and talk to you." They both laughed through their tears. "I don't know what it was. I saw you with your friends, I saw you laughing and dancing and I was so entranced. When I saw you come down here, I thought "now or never, Cumberbatch. Worst she can say is no". Turns out, the worst thing you could have said was "yes" because now I can't imagine a life without you in it. There is no life without you in it. So, let's make this never end. Marry me and let's never let this end."

The moment he stopped talking, Cassie flung her arms around his neck and kissed him. He laughed into it with pure joy while falling back onto the sand, holding her tight. His laugh turned into moans as they kissed deeper and deeper. He carefully - and regretfully - broke the kiss.

"Yes," she breathed out.

"Oh good," he chuckled, "because if that was a "no" I was going to be very disappointed."

He took out the ring and slipped it onto her left hand. "My girl," he chuckled as he cupped the side of her face. "My wife. I love you."

"I think it's obvious that I love you even more."