I love him ? yes i do

NAINA'S POV

I hugged him tightly. As much as tightly I could. I saw pain in his eyes, pain more than the one he showed me that night. I couldn't even imagine how he must have felt when he heared all that. From his own parents that didn't behave like one.

He sobbed in my arms so much that I felt my tshirt getting wet by the shoulders.

"Let them spend some time together. Let's go inside." I heared dadi saying as everyone walked inside leaving us alone in the hall.

He parted from me. His eyes were red due to excess crying and puffy. I took him to the couch and sat with him.I intertwined our hands together and he rubbed his thumb over the back of my palms.

"Why they did that ? Was it all my fault ? Shouldn't I have taken birth ?" He asked.

"No. You are not at fault. You never were. They are the worst parents. I feel shame to even call them parents. No step parent would even do this and they were own parents." I said.

"I am sorry I am being so weak--" He was saying when i cut him off.

"You are not being weak, veer. Crying always doesn't mean you are being weak and surely not for the one who held all their emotions for twenty nine years of life. You had gone through too much. You never shared that. Even though people asked you to. You never wanted to. Now that you decided to set off your boundaries and cry your heart all out it would never be considered as being weak." I said.

He layed and kept his head on my lap. I caressed his hairs and then he asked

"Nain, do you know how I felt when they said that I am a mistake ? I knew they hated me, I knew they couldn't tolerate me but listening from their own mouth that they hate me, they hate us, I was a mistake, they had hope on me only for money all this hurts me." He said.

His tears had dried but his voice was still dry. His voice was hopeless. He kept staring at the ceiling.

I cupped his face and he looked at me

"Let them go. Let that bitchy people go to hell. I know you could never forget what they did but don't remember them. Don't think about them don't talk about them." I said and he nodded his head.

"I don't have a single good memory with them. They never even spent time with me. All they did was to hurt me." He said coldly.

"Eventually it will be okay. Now,get up, wash your face and come let's eat you must be hungry." I said.

His phone ringed and he said

"Please pick it up and put it on speaker it must be from work."

I picked it up and put it on speaker as he said

"Sir, are you coming back ? You left the meeting in between and the clients are still asking when we should reschedule the meeting." Someone said from the other side. His P.A I guess.

"I can't go now." He said.

"Hang the call." He whispered to me and I kept the phone aside.

"Which meeting you left ?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"Nothing." He said.