Ch. 22 expectations

(Armin's P.O.V)
I'm so happy to see Annie with a small bump on her tummy! I'm really excited to see who the child will look like more! I bet it will be gorgeous just like Annie. I can't help but wonder. I hope that it comes out with no complications.

Annie has become a bit worried. She's scared that she won't be a good mother and sometimes I have to reassure her that everything will be ok. It dosent calm her down very much though. Only so little knowledge can calm the human brain. That's pretty much a fact. I read somewhere in a book that a mother being upset can really stress out a baby so I'm trying my hardest to be optimistic! Even though Annie can be a bit down.

Annie's eating habits are a bit strange since she dips her strawberries in some sauce I made. The sauce is pretty bad since it has a tangy sourness taste to it,but I guess that's just me? Anyway,Annie,I think, dosent really worry about her body image. She's gained about twenty pounds. It's not much but it gives her a tiny belly which I adore. I think I've heard that when a woman is pregnant they glow. Annie...dosent really glow...if I make a small annoyance to her then I guess you could say she glows a light red. Redder than Mikasa's scarf. Mikasa...

I had completely forgotten about Eren and Mikasa! I hope they're ok! Last time I saw them I...I betrayed them...I...betrayed my family. The last thing I had to love. B-but I have Annie now! And we are making a family of our own!

Were happy! Together! Well...anyways...Annie really likes it when I read stories to her. She's always liked that about me. Even in our trainees days Annie would occasionally ask what I was reading. I would sometimes loose myself in my words when I spoke to Annie but she is actually a really good listner! So she can listen to all of my thoughts on the plots and characters and some parts of the settings.

I kinda wish that our child didn't have to grow up in a cruel world like this. I don't want a herd of titans coming at us all over again. I don't want our child to suffer and fear as Annie and I had to growing up. All I ask for is for our child to be able to go outside and for Annie and I not to fear that the child will be crushed to death or eaten. I...kinda am scared now. A bundle of joy will come into a cruel world with two parents who have no idea on what to do with it. Not to mention that there's death around each corner.

I can't think of this now...I have to stay optimistic...for her.