Ch. 29 Remember

(Annie's P.O.V)
After a while, Armin and I sat down on the couch. He stared at the ground still in shock from what I had told him. I put my left hand over my bump and looked at him. I felt as if everything was my fault. I was the one who was with Reiner and Bertoldt. It would make since that I'm the cause of everyone's pain.

Armin sighed and rubbed his face. He looked at me with a frown on his face. "Do you know where the rest of humanity is?",Armin asked. I looked down and then up at him. "Yes,they went to the underground city.",I answered. Armin nodded then looked down at the ground again. I put my hand on his shoulder and leaned to the side to try and make eye contact with him. "Armin,do you need some time alone?",I asked.

He looked and me and shook his head no. I moved my arm away and rubbed my bump. Armin noticed this and looked at my tummy. "So...you really are pregnant hu.",Armin said. He looked so unhappy. I wish I could see him smile again. I miss how happy he was about this baby. I looked to him and nodded a yes with a small smile. It was a forced smile.

"What are you going to name it...?",Armin asked.  "Cindy if it's a girl...Jack if it's a boy.",I said trying to hold back tears. Armin nodded. "They sound familiar.".
"Armin? Do you remember anything at all?".
"I...I'm not sure. I remember loud noises and Titans but that's about it."

I look back down at the floor. "Do you...remember our first kiss?",I asked.
"What?"
"Do you...remember the first time we kissed?"
"I...I think so...but it's a bit fuzzy.".

I smiled a bit. He's remembering something's...thank goodness. I made a small giggle out of joy. Armin looked confused. I'm so glad that he can somewhat remember our first kiss. That's good enough for me to know that there is still something there.