1

IRL

nova cohan never disobeyed her parents, she listened and did everything they told her too. she went to the collage they wanted even though she didn't want too. that's where she met, justin. she fell in love and moved away with him to france. her parents were so surprised and angry they cut her off and lost all contact, she was free to do what she wanted. in france, is where life with justin really took a turn for the worst, he showed her his true colors, what he was capable of. eventually she got pregnant and she knew she was stuck. nova would always be attached to justin and there was no escape. until one night he punched her so hard, the stress forced into early labor. nova knew after that she was done. she moved back to monaco with her best friend lisa.

two years later her and justin had some to an agreement for shared custody with faith. when faith could speak up, she would tell her mother she didn't want to stay with dad and nova couldn't force her to go with him. when she would faith would sceam and cry and nova always had to go pick her daughter up from his parents who didn't give two fucks about faith or, whoever was with justin that week.

at a drop off justin asked nova if they could get back together and she let him know it would never happen and he needed to move on. that made him angry, so he filled to get full custody, just out of spite. nova thought there was no way he could win. oh man was she wrong

nova was in shock as she made her way to her and lisa's shared car. she couldn't believe they gave him full custody. she just lost her daughter to an asshole who doesn't know one thing about her. she was mad and scared, mainly sad and she couldn't stop crying. how could this happen? she repeated in her head over and over. she didn't even know how she ended up at her and lisa's job. but she knew lisa was working and she needed her best friend.

the girl walked in setting off the bell. landon a co-worker and friend greeted her. "hey—are you okay V?" he asked softly seeing her tear stained face. "i need lisa." nova sniffled. "she's will a customer, i'll be right back." landon looked at her with sorry before walking from around the counter over to lisa who was taking an order. landon whispered something in her ear, lisa looking towards a crying nova. "can you finish up here?" lisa asked and landon nodded. "v?" she got closer. "what happened?" lisa questioned pulling her friends into her arms. "he won les. he fucking won." nova started crying again. "how did this happen?" nova sobbed.

"lisa what am i gonna go?" nova had calmed down and they were sitting in the waiting area of the restaurant. "get her back." Lisa shook her head. "obviously. my lawyer said i can request another review in three months but if i can't prove i could provide a stable home and job, the results would be the same." nova told her friend. "she gave me a list of things i need to do before i can do anything." nova gave lisa the paper. "this is bullshit!" lisa exclaimed drawing attention to them, she apologized turned back to nova. "i can't complete with him lisa." nova put her head in her hands. "his money isn't even his, it's his parents." lisa rolled her eyes. "i know, but he's still able to provide for her." nova sighed. "he doesn't even watch her, he leaves her with whatever bimbo he's seeing each week." lisa was referring to the two year old. she hated being with justin, the ex. even if she couldn't say it, it was obvious.

landon came over and lisa filled him in out what was happening. "i'm so sorry." he gave nova a big hug. lisa had to get back to work so landon sat with her. "is there anything i can do?" he rubbed her back to give her comfort. "any bottles of wine behind the bar ni one will miss?" nova scoffed and landon chuckled getting. "i wasn't being serious." she gave him a small smile as he handed the bottle to her. "i have to get back, it'll all work out V." landon said before going back to work. two questions were going through nova's head as she sat in the lobby drinking the bottle.