21

IRL

the mónaco gp was right around the corner and the city was absolutely going crazy. preparations had begun. nova couldn't even leave the house without being recorded and pictures being taken. it took her an extra thirty minutes to get to the restaurant for lunch with lisa, it should've only taken her ten. max had left the flat hours ago with faith to some f1 thing, with sergio, daniel, charles, pierre, lando, george and carlos.

nova finally got into the restaurant letting out a breath of relief. "hi, sarah." she greeted the host. "nova long time no see." she smiled. "yeah life's been pretty crazy the last couple months." nova chuckled. "i'll take you too lisa." sarah said grabbing a menu and leading her to the usual table where lisa sat. "you're finally here!" lisa gasped standing up making nova laugh. "thank you sarah." she smiled before hugging lisa tightly. "i missed you so much."  lisa pulled away. "you're looking radiant love." she commented as nova sat down with a smile. "i got you a glass." lisa pointed at the wine. "i have to take faith to a doctors appointment when i leave here so i'm not drinking." nova sighed. "more for me." lisa shrugged taking the glass.

"how are things with max?" lisa asked trying the change the topic from her and daniel to nova and max. "i see what your doing just tell me." nova gave her puppy dog eyes and she caved. "we're just friends for now, he's the sweetest man ever, i just.. i don't know he's not really my type and i've told him this and he won't stop insisting that he's everyone's type and i'll just have to wait and see." lisa rambled. "les, he's exactly your type. you like when they fight for you and that's exactly what he's doing, you're just playing hard to get." nova chuckled and lisa. "i forget you know me better then i do."

the topic did move and they talked about what happened in spain and how difficult faith has been and then lisa asked a question that completely shocked nova. "have you talked to your parents?" she was taken by surprise, lisa knows that she hadn't talked to them since the day she left. "i haven't why?" nova finally answered after a minute of silence. "nona asked me to bring it up, your dad isn't doing so good." lisa wanted to end this conversation already and nova did too. "like how, is he sick?" nova asked, lisa nodded. nova wanted so badly not to care especially because how they left things but she did.

"stage four liver cancer." nova's eyes went wide. "wow." she whispered the tears in her eyes welling up. "nova i'm sorry but maybe you should reach out." lisa said hesitatly worried how she'd react. "yeah." nova sighed wiping the tears away. "if leaving here is anything like getting here i need to go if i want to make it to faiths appointment on time." nova added. "okay, you be safe and text me." nova hugged her one more time before putting money on the table walking away.

she didn't know how to feel about reaching out, but her father was dying and she knew she'd regret it if she didn't. she missed her mother so much, she was always better then her father. way less strict and more loving but very old fashioned. so when greg was yelling at her to get out of his house kathy had no choice but to stand beside him.

when nova got back to the flat, max had all his f1 driver friends in their living room, faith was asleep in her bedroom. after nova greeted them all she quickly went to her max's room and started crying, completely breaking down, in their restroom with the shower on so no one could hear her. but max being max had a feeling so he got up and went to check on her. he twisted the door handle but it was locked. "baby? are you okay?" he asked through the door. nova sniffled trying to contain her crying to respond but she couldn't and she didn't want to leave him worrying so she let him in. "what's wrong? what happened? are you okay?" his questions flowed out as he wrapped his arms around her. "my dad is dying." nova whispered into his chest, her crying slowing down, now that she was in his arms. "i'm so sorry my love." max knew what happened between her and the parents, he knew nona still lived next to them, so he knew where she got the information from.

max comforted her until she sent him away to actually shower. he went back to the boys and they slowly started leaving, charles and daniel were the only ones left by the time nova came out. she woke faith you and the girl was not happy, all three guys tagged along to her appointment. obviously stayed in the car until after they then headed to charles and charlotte's. nova told lisa to come but she took a shift literally right before leaving the restaurant earlier.

INSTAGRAM

liked by maxverstappen1, landonb

liked by maxverstappen1, landonb.vasquez, and 886,629 others

novacohan lunch with my bestie, game night with friends :)

tagged- maxverstappen1, danielriccardo, lisa.rosi, charlottesiine, charles_leclerc

view comments

user i'm dead not the mario kart ☠️
user lmao f1 drivers playing mario kart is the funniest thing to me😭
novacohan i beat them all
user that makes it so much funnier 😂

maxverstappen1 happy day :)
novacohan all bc of you

danielriccardo you're such a cheater
novacohan HOW? how do you cheat in mario kart??
charles_leclerc daniels do mad 😭

charlottesiine had so much fun 💞

user faith is me when i eat fr
user the difference is shes cute
user BRO uncalled for.
user sorry best friend

cancer. is bad. i hate cancer. cancer can duck my duck.

thank you for reading :)