28

IRL

being back on speaking terms with her parents, nova felt complete. just a few months ago she was struggling she was miserable and she only had two people to live for, faith and lisa. but now she and so much to live for. it was all thanks to max and she couldn't be more grateful to him. she reminded him every day, in the mornings in the afternoons and especially at night. because nova was pregnant, her sex drive was wild. max did not mind it at all. of course he didn't know about the baby yet but nova was working on that.

lisa was going with them to the british grand prix and nova decided that after the race would be the perfect time to tell max. she wanted to surprise him. if he won the race it would be extra exciting and if he didn't it would at least cheer him up, she hoped. the plane ride there was amazing. it was a private plane so of course it was a comfortable trip. they didn't have to worry about people taking pictures or videos. well expect lisa, she was sending everything too landon. he was invited but it was his mothers birthday and he wanted to celebrate with his family.

nova looked at the picture of the ultrasound on her phone. she had a smile on her phone which max noticed. "what are looking at?" he chuckled. "nothing, just looking at my baby." she said quickly scrolling through her camera roll to find baby pictures of faith. "i wanna see." he said leaning forward, nova smiled unbuckling her seat belt and going to his lap. "she's so adorable." he smiled as nova slid through them. nova smiled looking at lisa who knew what she was looking at before, she was sitting right next to her. lisa shook her head at how fast nova came up with that.

the plane landed and they were taken to the hotel, max was swept away almost immediately for social media filming, they were a day late. all the drivers had been there a day earlier but nova had a doctors appointment for a baby that she couldn't miss so she lied and said it was for faith. max being max didn't want two woman and child traveling alone so he stayed back and made it work.

"okay, let's figure this out." nova said after putting faith down for a nap. "yes. when are you telling him?" lisa questioned. "it depends on whether we win or lose, if we win max is going to want to celebrate so i'll wait until monday to tell him. if we lose i have to tell him as soon as i see him because he's gonna need good news." nova told her and she nodded. "how are you going to tell him?" lisa smiled, nova chuckled shrugging her shoulders. "i have no clue, maybe just tell him. i wanted it to be special but i just can't think of anything." nova answered. "do you have the test with you?" lisa questioned. "yes." she nodded. "we can get a cute little box put that and the scan in there, we can decorate this room with balloons or something and i'll take faith and after the race you can bring him back here." lisa gave her the perfect plan. "you're an actual genius." nova chuckled smiling at her best friend. "i love you nova." lisa said out of the blue. "i love you too les." nova replied wrapping her arms around lisa. "are you okay?" she asked pulling away. "im just so proud of you nova, seriously so proud." lisa hugging her again.

sunday

max didn't win the british grand prix. he was so angry at himself for getting it wrong. he ran over debris and loss pace, he believed a puncture was the cause and new set of tires would fix the pace loss but he was wrong and he finished p7. it wasn't a horrible place he would still get points in the championship. but it wasn't where he wanted to be this race or any race. after returning to the garage, he immediately found nova walking over to him. he took his helmet and then pulled his balaclava off, he wrapped one arm around nova putting his head into the crook of her neck.