26

IRL

after an early sun filled morning, the family of three, soon to be four were finally home and just relaxing. nova's head couldn't stop thinking about the life in her belly, she already made an appointment to make sure she was really pregnant and confirm everything was fine. all the things that had been happening to her for the past few weeks were making so much sense and she felt so stupid for not realizing sooner.

she thought it was crazy how her and max were just talking about growing their family and now it was happening. she wanted to tell him in a special way, it is after all going to be his actual first child and even though she wished max was faiths real dad he wasn't. it would be different for him because he'd be able to be there from the beginning.

it wasn't like she was worried max would treat faith any differently, she was becoming his daughter everyday and he considered faith his already. but this situation wasn't the only thing on her mind. sitting on the couch with faith asleep in her arms her finger hovered over the contact nona had sent her. she wanted to press call, her whole body was telling her to but she just couldn't. talking on the phone wasn't the way to do it, she knew the only way kathy would talk to her was face to face.

max walked into the living room, on the phone. his straight face made her frown. "give me a second dad." he spoke in dutch and nova knew he was talking too. "i need to get out of dinner with him tomorrow." he told her after putting jos on mute. "maybe you should go, so you can tell him about us." nova knew that even thought jos wasn't a good man, max still admired his opinions and cared what he thought. "are you sure? what are you doing tomorrow?" max asked. "i think i'm going to drop faith off with nona and visit my parents." nova told him and he gave her a smile. "i'm glad you're finally doing that." he said sitting next to her. "me too." she replied as he put jos on speaker and unmuted him.

max agreed to go to dinner with his father, max said he'd introduce them before they left and nova was nervous. after all the things max told her about his childhood, she didn't know why he still associated himself with jos. but he was his father and she understood it, she just didn't like it. nova had no idea what her plan was, absolutely no idea. there would be a point in her pregnancy where she couldn't be on an airplane so traveling with max wasn't going to work. she knew max was going to be sad about missing things but she didn't think about that too much, they deal with that when the time came. first she wanted to make sure everything was okay, tell max, then they'd go from there.

INSTAGRAM

liked by novacohan, charles_leclerc and 574,256 others

maxverstappen1 our princess wanted a yacht day and thats exactly what she got 💗