20

IRL

nova honestly didn't feel like going to spain. she wanted to stay home with faith and spend time with lisa and landon. she was used to the quiet life, work and faith was all she knew and all the excitement for the past two months was dying down. she thought the traveling would be fun but it's hard doing it with a toddler, and it was now catching up with her. she realized this was going to be the rest of her life and she was already exhausted. she'd been so emotional, because the last two weeks she'd been more clingy then usual and it was stressing nova out. another reason why nova judged wanted to stay home.

"welcome to spain love." max kissed her head as the plane touched down she gave him a small smile. "are you okay?" max asked and she nodded quickly. "just tired." faith was asleep in her arms, the small girl wasn't used to the waking up so early and getting on a plane. "are you sure?" he asked. "i'm fine not everything has some other meaning." she snapped. "i know that you just seemed upset i'm sorry for assuming." max moved his arm from around her shoulders. nova took a deep breath. "i'm truly just tired max, i'm sorry." she apologized and he nodded. "i love you." she said and he smiled. "i love you too." nova looked out the window watching the plane drive forward.

nova was met by the heat immediately. she sighed fixing faith in her arms she was still sleeping and nova wasn't complaining because it was better then constant crying. "let me take her." max said seeing her discomfort. "no it's fine, i don't wanna wake her." nova gave him a fake smile. "nova." he began but nova just kept walking catching up with vicky, his pr officer (idk if this is right but whatever) max turned to bradley his trainer. "is she being weird or am i crazy?" max questioned and bradley shrugged. "couldn't tell you mate." bradley chuckled, max sighed.

when they got to the hotel nova put faith down and was about to lay down herself but max came out of the restroom with that look on his face and nova felt so bad. "is something bothering you?" he asked sitting in the opposite side of the bed. "no." she lied avoiding eye contact. "look at me and say that." max said and nova sighed. "i'm fine, nothing is wrong." nova said looking him dead in the eyes and max nodded, this was the first time nova had successfully lied to him and she felt to wrong. "do you want to go to dinner when she wakes up?" he asked and she nodded. she couldn't say no to him, not after lying. but if she told him the truth it would hurt him and she couldn't do that to him. she couldn't tell him she felt like she wasn't being supportive if she didn't push herself to come to every race.

the vibe was definitely off at dinner. nova didn't even sit next to max liked he usually does it was a big table so she was in the opposite side of him. max had invited charlotte and charles to cheer nova up because even if she said she was fine max knew something was wrong. but he respected she didn't want to talk about it so he dropped it. it worked a little nova was laughing with charlotte, faith sat with max as charles talked about, well cars. they weren't necessarily friends before, they'd just started hanging out when charlotte and nova became friends not just at races.

"how are you feeling about tomorrow?" charles asked max shrugged. "that's the last thing on my mind right now honestly." max sighed looking away from nova who was in deep conversation with charlotte. "it should be the first but nova..." max looked down at faith, she wasn't paying attention just watching her videos. "somethings up with her." he said and charles nodded. "charlotte mentioned she was upset earlier today." charles told him. "before i asked you to come out?" max asked and he nodded. "they've been texting all morning." charles said taking a bite of his food. "see but she told me there was nothing wrong she was just tired." max told him. "then when i pushed for an answer she snapped at me." he added. "that is just how women are mate, just leave it, she'll tell you eventually." charles shrugged. "i guess." max shrugged giving the chip to faith she was reaching for.