8

IRL

mia, the nanny rocked the little girl back and forth trying to soothe her but faith wouldn't stop crying. "jesus mia!" margaret, the grandmother came over in a huff. "what's the problem?" margret grabbing the little girl wiping her tears and the girl kept crying. "she's sick." mia told her making margaret shake her head and put faith in the crib. "i gave her medicine but she won't stop crying for nova! she needs her mother." mia said grabbing the girls bottle. margaret groaned. "well she isn't getting her, henry needs quiet, just make her stop." the woman left the room annoyed as ever. "bitch." mia whispered to herself going back over to faith and picking her up from the crib. "breath sweatheart i'm calling mommy." mia said as faith cried into her shoulder.

meetings with lawyers always made nova miss faith and since it had only been a day since last seeing her she really really missed having her around all the time. max surprised nova with them at his flat when they got back from rb headquarters. she needed her friends.

so he cooked for them as they watched nova fail miserably at max's f1 simulator. "max how do you do this?!" nova exclaimed through laughs, lisa was trying to hype her up but she couldn't stop laughing. "don't laugh at me." nova paused the game. "landon you're up." she said getting up. "finally!" landon finished his beer and walked over. nova smiled at her friends walking over to max. "smells good." she smiled wrapping her arms around his waist from behind. "i try." he said turning the stove off. nova loosened his grip and max turned around placing his lips on hers. "can you two stop being so cute it's nauseating." lisa teased with a smile.

nova walked over to her phone hearing it ringing. she was confused seeing mia's contact. she immediately answered hearing faith crying. "mia? what's going on?" nova raised her voice, all three people in the room looked at her, she put the phone on speaker for them to hear. "faith has a fever and a cough and she won't stop crying for you, i've tried everything i don't know what to do." mia explained. "i'm on my way." nova told her. "where's justin?" nova asked quicky going to max's room, max followed. "he hasn't been here since the hearing nova. i wanted to tell you when i saw you in bahrain but i couldn't." mia answered and nova sighed grabbing her jeans putting the phone on her bed. she slipped her shorts off quicky putting the jeans on. "i'll be there in twenty minutes— nova looked at max who tilted his head. "ten minutes." nova corrected before hanging up. max handed her his hoodie and she slipped it on. "i'm sorry— it's fine love we'll clean up just go take care of our girl." lisa stopped her from explaining. "thank you." max said grabbing his keys and they quickly left the flat.

"this is all my fault." nova cried trying to calm herself. "baby, please, it's not your fault." max placing his hand in her thigh for comfort. she shook her head. "i hate this so much." nova shook her head wiping her face. "me too." max sighed. "did you hear her crying, my poor girl." nova sighed taking a deep breath. "i did, we're getting faith and she's never coming back here, nova i promise you." max said his hand gripping the steering wheel. he was so pissed off he didn't even know if he had the right to be as upset as he was but he was still pissed. nova was just worried for her little girl, she's never been sick, never even a cold. now all of a sudden.

nova put the gate code in as they drive up to margaret and henrys house. it opened and max drove in. they immediately got down and went to the front door, nova rang the doorbell. mia opened it with faith in her arms. nova grabbed her daughter immediately. "im here my love mama's here." the little girl hugged her mom babbling something and stopped crying. faith sniffled her breaths trembling. "what the hell is going on!?" margaret exclaimed walking downstairs. "margaret with all due respect fuck off, im taking my daughter." nova said as mia brought her bag. "how dare you!" margaret exclaimed. "you cannot take her nova i'll call the cops." she added. "go ahead marg, tell them how justin hasn't seen his daughter since the custody hearing he wanted! call them!" nova exclaimed as max took the bag from mia. "can you take her to the car?" nova turned to max who nodded, faith was just as comfortable with max as she was with nova and she didn't cry when nova handed her to him.

"nova— i don't know what justins told you about me that made you all of a sudden hate me but it's all bullshit. your sons an abuse deadbeat and faith is my daughter who i've taken care of alone since the moment she was born. i've never asked any of you for anything so you can tell justin if you even know where he is, i'll see him in court." nova said turning to mia. "thank you." mia nodded as nova walked out of the house leaving margaret speechless. max had faith in his lap, she was asleep, his hand ran through her hair. "she's burning up." max said. "we need to take her to the hospital." he added as nova got into the car and max moved faith to nova's lap. the mother hugged her daughter so her chest. "i agree, your gonna be okay my girl." nova whispered to faith kissing her head.

the two sat with faith in the emergency room for an hour before she saw a doctor. she had the flu, not covid which nova was so glad. they got her medicine and went home. they hadn't fixed up faiths room yet. "im gonna take her to lisa and landon's, you can't get sick before saudí arbia." nova told max as they walked into the flat. "you don't have to do that. this is your home now too nova." max kissed her forehead. "are you sure? they really won't mind." nova sighed and max nodded. "you take the bedroom, i got the couch." max said and nova smiled. "thank you for everything max." nova said. "goodnight faith." max kissed faith head quicky turning to nova, pecking her lips "goodnight nova." max said softly. "goodnight max." nova smiled before making her way down the hall.

idk where this story is going fr
but like real ig
if anyone has like ideas of something it would be much appreciated because my head is hurting from thinking 😨