Chapter Two

I spent a long time yearning for someone to reassure me that I'm not to blame and that the weight of the world doesn't rest solely on my shoulders. I craved the feeling of having someone to lean on, to be vulnerable with, and to know that it's okay to seek support. But despite these desires, I find myself at a crossroads. I yearn to find the space to acknowledge and commend myself for all that I have accomplished out of love. It's a feeling that even Scott, someone I thought understood me so well, fails to grasp. So what's the use of having him back in my life if we're simply bound to each other out of necessity, without the depth of true love? 

Being open and vulnerable feels like a weakness, and I dread the possibility of later regretting my openness, seeing it as a sign of cowardice and a betrayal of my own strength rather than Scott's.

"Please go home, Scott. It hurts to end up this way, but it's what's best for both of us. Despite everything, I'll always be your supporter from a distance. I'm sorry, but I have to leave now; my cab is here."

As I departed from Scott and embarked on my cab journey to the airport, I assumed that he would finally let me go. However, to my dismay, I soon realized that he was tailing me. It baffles me why he is so relentless, and I can't comprehend what motivates him to subject me to this kind of torment. Despite acknowledging that we are not compatible, I can't fathom his persistence.

I have come to terms with the fact that we are not meant for each other. I am resigned to the notion that I will never be the fortunate fan who captures her idol's attention or admiration. Our romance was fleeting, and I struggled to convince myself that his affection for me was genuine. It pains me to acknowledge that our relationship was built upon deceit and nurtured by lies.

After spending several hours on the flight, I wasted no time and directly approached Scott as we landed and disembarked the plane. I was deeply embarrassed by his behavior and felt compelled to address it. "Scott, do you find this situation funny? Do you think I'm playing games and will just let you do whatever you want? I made it clear to you that we have nothing to discuss anymore, so why won't you respect that?!"

"Danni, can you please lower your voice? It's embarrassing when people are staring at us."

"Oh, now you're embarrassed? I couldn't care less if they heard me or recognized you. You're so stubborn!"

"Shh! I'm sorry, alright? I'm here now, so I hope you'll let me come with you."

"Fine, but don't expect me to forgive you right away."

I couldn't contain my frustration at Scott's unexpected behavior. "I can't believe you would pull such a stunt on the flight. It's so crazy of you!"

"I know, and I'm genuinely sorry. I wasn't thinking clearly."

"That's no excuse, Scott. You need to be more considerate of others' feelings. You can't just act on impulse all the time."

"I understand, Danni. I'll try to do better, I promise."

"I hope so because I won't tolerate this kind of behavior again."

I couldn't deal with this guy anymore, but the only option I had was to bring him along with me to my family's place and introduce him to them. It had been a few years since I had been home to our island home, but I endured those years to see my parents and my brothers achieving their dreams and leading a great life.

When we arrived at the island, Scott and I were met by my brothers, Roy and Tony, who were already in fits of laughter. I knew they were going to tease me again.

"Hi, sister! How have you been?" Roy greeted me with a warm embrace.

"So, Danni, is this your new 'jowa'?" Tony, our youngest mischievous brother, teased, smirking.

"Come on, you two. I told Papsi to pick me up! Because I know this will eventually happen." I snapped, feeling annoyed.

"They're busy at home, and you know I'm getting married soon," Roy explained.

"Right. That's why I came home, isn't it? Anyway, this is Scott. Scott, these are my brothers, Roy and Tony."

"Hi, Roy, Tony?" Scott greeted them with a smile.

"Hi, Mr. Reeves," Tony said casually, causing me to gasp in shock.

"Tony!" I exclaimed, surprised.

The four of us sat in silence in the car for the entire journey back home. I struggled to find the right words to explain to Scott what was on my mind until we finally arrived at the beach house. This beach house held so many memories for me; it was where I was born and raised and where I once harbored dreams of becoming a successful writer, and now here I am back in my comfort zone.

As we pulled up to the house, I hurriedly exited the car and was immediately met by my parents, and they were a bit surprised to see Scott with me.

"Daniella, why are you with him? Have you two gotten back together without telling us?" my mother whispered to me while Scott engaged in conversation with my father, who couldn't contain his joy at seeing Scott.

It is no secret within our family how much my father idolized Scott's father. However, I realized that sometimes fans can only admire their idols, and the feeling may not always be reciprocated.