Chapter Forty-one

After we said our goodbyes to our son and gave him a kiss, we promptly headed to the venue for the film's wedding scene, a setting that had become quite familiar to us from the first time we ever laid eyes on each other. This event was the suggestion of Mr. Trevor, who, despite his character being described as old and unsteady, still held onto the belief that his character deserved a happy conclusion to his journey.

Taking this opportunity to dig deeper into Mr. Trevor's desires, David and the rest of the team made his wish possible to have the wedding scene by the beach. Envisioning a semi-formal dress code for the occasion, considering the seaside location, we arrived only to find that most attendees were dressed formally, a sight that caught me off guard.

"Why haven't you changed yet, Danni?" David's voice carried a hint of frustration.

"Why should I? Am I part of this scene? Are we even a part of it, David? I don't think so. And where are the other crew?"

"Enough with the questions. Just go with Alice, and we'll reconvene here in an hour."

"Okay, let's go, girl." Alice then called me.

Alice and I headed towards one of the crew's tents, and as we entered, the atmosphere was buzzing with activity. Everyone seemed to be on a mission. A crew member approached us, handing me a sheet of paper and a pen. "Danni, here's a piece of dialogue that needs to be filled in urgently. Miss Yasmine forgot her script at home and needs to revise her lines. Can you take care of it?" 

"Sure, I can help. But where's my copy of the script? I think I left it in the car. I'll just go grab it," I replied.

"No, don't worry about that, Danni. I'll fetch it for you. You better check the time, freshen up, pick out an outfit, and work on that dialogue. We're running late!" Alice exclaimed in a panic, rushing out of the tent. "Oh no!"

I watched as Alice dashed off to grab the script, realizing the urgency of the situation. With a deep breath, I focused on the task at hand, determined to make sure everything was ready for the upcoming scene. The pressure was on, but I knew we could handle it.

I found myself alone, struggling to keep pace with a demanding schedule, and grappling with the idea of missing out on celebrating Luke's very first birthday. As I gazed at my reflection in the mirror, doubts nagged at me about whether I should be at work instead of being present to celebrate this milestone in my little one's life. Maybe I should have taken a day off, but I trust in Scott's reassurance that everything would turn out just fine. I chose to trust in him and put aside my uncertainties.

On the other hand, regarding the dialogue that Miss Yasmine had requested from me for her role as Mr. Trevor's future wife in the film, it turned out to be a shorter dialogue than I had anticipated. I struggled to recall which specific lines of her character she was referring to, and I had to rely on my instincts to deliver what I deemed appropriate for the scene.

Despite the challenges I faced, I was determined to make the most of the day and trust that everything would unfold as it should, just as Scott had promised.

Some time back, I had just finished getting ready, applying my usual "no makeup" makeup, and perfecting the final scene's dialogue. Right on cue, Alice showed up with a stunning sunflower bridal bouquet in hand, which made me green with envy.

"Wow, what a gorgeous bouquet. Miss Yasmine is going to love it, Al," I gushed.

"Do you really think so? I've been tweaking it for ages. I'm not sure if she will like the color scheme," Alice fretted.

"It's perfect; trust me," I reassured her.

"Alright, shall we head out? You look stunning as always! There's just something about Asian beauty," Alice teased as we walked outside.

"Do you think my dress is too formal? I don't want to steal the spotlight, you know," I pondered.

"Oh, stop it! It's not like you're the one getting married. But seriously, you look absolutely gorgeous," Alice playfully teased.

"Come on now, you're talking way too much," I chuckled.

We walked to the event at the beachfront, the anticipation building with each step we took. Alice just chattered away, trying to soothe my nerves with her bubbly personality.

As we arrived, and lend a hand to the bustling crew on the final day of the film shoot. Some were busy arranging decorations, and others were carrying various items, following the familiar routines of a film set. As I observed the activity around me, a feeling of nostalgia mixed with resignation washed over me. I knew this marked the end of my career as a scriptwriter, and soon I would be relegated to an unfamiliar role—a couch potato, much to the amusement of Scott. 

Our progress was halted as we neared the scene location, where a billowing white curtain seemed to conceal a breathtaking view of the ocean beyond. Alice, already caught up in the flurry of activity, quickly handed me the bouquet and instructed me to remain in place. 

"Wait here, Danni. We're running behind schedule, and the shoot has already begun. Just hold onto this for me, please?" Alice said casually before darting off.

"Alice!" I called after her, my voice tinged with a mix of frustration and curiosity.