Chapter Twenty-four

The next morning, I woke up to find Scott still beside me. Little did I know, he had taken the trouble to prepare breakfast in bed. As he flashed his usual mischievous smile, I couldn't help but wonder what he had planned. "Good morning, my crybaby. Breakfast in bed!" He greeted.

"Thank you, babe. I really appreciate it. I love you so much."

"Are you going to cry again? Come on, don't cry. It's a beautiful morning, and let's put the past behind us, shall we? Let's focus on the positive and smile! And I love you even more... I do."

"Please promise me you won't leave again, okay?"

"I won't. I'm right here, and I promise I won't leave you ever again. Plus, I've got a surprise for you."

"I knew it! What is it?"

"I'll tell you later. Let's eat first and savor this beautiful morning."

The room was filled with the warmth of his words and the aroma of the morning meal. As we indulged in the breakfast, the thought of the surprise lingered in my mind, making the meal all the more enjoyable.

I frequently observe Scott feeling upset. During these times, despite being aware of the problems we face, he manages to conceal his worries. It's this unwavering strength that often inspires me to be courageous as well. After all, if he can remain steadfast in the face of adversity, then why should I falter or lose myself in trying to meet the expectations of others? Knowing that he is there, watching out for me, gives me the confidence to face any challenge. This is the life I have chosen and will continue to choose, even when the odds are stacked against us.

As we finished our breakfast in bed and I prepared myself for the day, Scott and I made our way downstairs, with him carefully assisting me down the stairs. Stepping into the garden, I noticed a flurry of activity as people bustled about, carrying decorations that hinted at a celebration. It wasn't long before my parents approached us.

"Hey, Mamsi, Papsi, what's up? Is everything okay?" I asked when my parents approached us with serious looks on their faces.

"We're not sure, Danni. Scott has something to share with you," my mother said, glancing at Scott.

"Hey, babe, I've been thinking. How would you feel about having a home maternity photoshoot?" Scott asked tentatively.

"Wait, what? Why? What's going on?" I was puzzled by the sudden suggestion.

"Well, I know you've been feeling emotional about what had happened, and I thought it might be nice to have some beautiful memories to look back on. Plus, I think it could be a fun experience for all of us this time," Scott explained, trying to lighten the mood with a smile.

"Really? Do you want to do that for me?" I was touched by his thoughtfulness.

"Of course, babe. I want to do something special for you. I know how much this means to you, and if it's important to you, then it's important to me," Scott said, wrapping his arms around me in a comforting embrace, then squeezing my cheeks.

I could feel the joy radiating from my parents as they spoke with Scott about what had been happening to me. Knowing how protective they are of me, I'm deeply grateful to be their daughter, their only daughter. Then, I found myself following Scott to the garden, where he introduced me to the team responsible for creating a stunning maternity shoot setting.

While I was getting ready for the shoot, having my makeup done, and going through preparations, Scott was bustling around, ensuring that everything was just right. It felt like he was doting on me, and the experience was incredibly comforting and reassuring.

Once the shoot began, Scott simply observed and allowed me the freedom to pose however I liked, without interference or unexpected direction. His quiet presence made me feel a bit self-conscious, but at the same time, I found it comforting that he was there, watching over everything.

The photographer called his name, and Scott and I turned to face each other. His mischievous twinkling eyes and the way he looked at me melted my worries and nervousness away.

"Hey there, beautiful. You're looking stunning today," Scott whispered softly, moving closer to me.

"Thanks; it's all because of you. I couldn't have done it without your support. I love you," I replied with a smile.

"I love you more, and there's something I've been wanting to ask you. I know I've been away for too long, and I've let you shoulder too much of our responsibilities as a couple. But I promise I'll never leave you again, and I won't make you cry."

"What are you doing?" I asked, puzzled.

"I'm actually trying to propose and be quite expert about this... so, please bear with me, okay?" He exclaimed, awkwardly laughing, and continued what he was about to say as I nodded. "I'm here, kneeling in front of you, asking you to spend the rest of your life with me. Daniella Dee, will you marry me?" Scott said, getting down on one knee.

"Scott! Yes, a thousand times, yes! I want to spend the rest of my life with you!" I exclaimed, tears welling up in my eyes as I said yes to his proposal.

I never expected that a seemingly ordinary, rare occurrence would become a truly unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime moment for an expecting mother like myself. It turned out to be a dream I had always longed for. The celebration of this moment is etched in my memory, and I am overjoyed to announce Scott to everyone as my future husband. As we embraced each other and our baby, the glimmering ring symbolized our love and commitment.