Chapter 2

Rosie's POV

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star how I wonder what you are" I finished gently singing looking over at all the sleeping children. I'm Rosie Olivia Turner. I'm 23 and I work in a day care. I look over at the 10 children who are fast asleep and quickly get up to clean up the mess from this morning's painting session.

"Hey Rosie, could I speak to you after school today" the head of the day care Alexa says as she walks past my room.

The children woke from their naps and I gave them their snacks and we continued learning our numbers. Soon it was 3.30pm and time for the children to go home.

"See you on Monday Hayden" I say to the last child as he walked out with his mom.

I finish tidying up the rest of the mess and then quickly made my way over to Alexa's office. "Take a seat Rosie" she says as I walk in. I nervously sat down; I hope everything was ok. "Now I've already spoke to the other staff members, but we are officially closing down the day care" she says. Wait what. They're closing this day care down. Why? "Erm why" I question. She sighed "we don't have the funding for it anymore. Today was officially the last day". I was shocked "but I didn't get to say goodbye to the children "I say tearing up. She looked at me solemnly and muttered a quick sorry.

I gathered myself and left the building. Great, I'm officially unemployed and didn't get to say goodbye to the children.

Throwing my bag into the passenger seat of my car I drove off towards my apartment.

I walk in to see my best friend Emily sat on the couch with a bag of popcorn in her hand. "Hey Rosie" she says smiling at me before she noticed the state of me. I had tears rolling down my eyes. "what's wrong Rosie". "Oh, Emily they closed the day care down and I didn't get to say goodbye to the children" I say hugging her and letting the tears flow freely. She rubbed my back and soon I calmed down.

Soon my other best friend Vanessa walked in and I told her what happened today. She comforted me and then the three of us ordered pizza and snuggled into the couch and put on Mean girls.

I have 2 best friends. The first is Emily Walker who has been my best friend since high school, she was an interior designer and worked at one of the top design firms in our city. Our other best friend is Vanessa miller who was our roommate in college and she is a celebrity stylist.

After mean girls had ended, we went to our rooms. I quickly showered and got into my pyjamas before jumping onto my bed. It was only 10pm so I decided to turn on my laptop and have a quick look at any jobs. I applied for a few nursery jobs and a few babysitter positions before falling asleep.

The next morning ***

I woke up to a text from my sister Angelina

A: Hey Rosie, Vanessa told me what happened. I'm so sorry little sis. On a brighter note my boss is looking for a live-in nanny. I've sent the application to your email, love you sis x

My sister is the best. Angelina is my older sister, she's 27 and she works for the biggest tech company in the world. She's married to her high school boyfriend and has 2 children who I adore so much.

R: Hey sis, thank you. I'll apply for it today and I'll be over later to take my nieces out, love you too sis x

On Saturdays I spend the afternoon with my nieces. We go out for ice cream or milkshakes and then go shopping or paint our nails or get our hair styled. Today I had booked to take them to a painting café.

I opened my laptop and filled in the application form attaching my resume before sending it. After that was done, I got up and showered and got dressed for the day. I threw on an oversized hoody, some leggings and my new balance trainers

  I threw on an oversized hoody, some leggings and my new balance trainers

I said bye to my two best friends and headed out the door. I picked up my nieces. Lauren who is 6 years old and Maya who is 4 years old. "Hey auntie rose" they say as they saw me. "Hi princesses" I say kissing each of them on their cheeks.

A few hours later I had dropped them back off at home. We spent two hours at the painting café and I bought home all the artwork the girls had done and gave them to Angelina.

I decided to go grocery shopping because I was craving mac n cheese and garlic bread. Around 6pm I walked into my apartment. Vanessa was sat on the couch with her laptop tapping away at the keys. She looked up and smiled at me as she saw me walking in. I smiled back at her "Nessa I'm going to make mac n cheese for us tonight". She gave me grateful smile and continued tapping away at the keys.

Emily soon came home and we ate and then went to our rooms. I got into bed and pulled open my laptop. I checked my emails and saw that I had interview for the nanny position that Angelina sent to me.

I had an interview on Monday at Greyson Co. at 9.30am. I sent Angelina a quick text.

R: hey sis, I got an interview for the nanny position at 9.30am on Monday x

A few minutes later she replied

A: great! Good luck sis x

I put my phone back on the nightstand and turned off my laptop and got under the covers before falling into a deep sleep.