Chapter 12

I saw Isaac and Leo in the kitchen. Both drinking sodas. Leo was scrolling on his phone and Isaac had his head down. They both looked up as they saw me walking in. Leo smirked at me before giving me a wink and I rolled my eyes letting out a small laugh. I looked over at Isaac and he had tears in his eyes.

I rushed over to him. "What's wrong honey" I ask him whilst wrapping my arms around him. I felt his body shaking as he let the tears flow freely. I rubbed his back and tried to comfort him. "I miss them Rosie, I really miss them". I continued rubbing his back to try to soothe them. I looked over at Leo to see he had tears in his eyes but he wiped them away before walking out the room. Isaac was still sobbing when Noah walked in. "Isaac what's wrong" he says. "I miss them Noah". Noah gently pulled Isaac out of my embrace and hugged him, soon Isaac calmed down and Noah walked with him to his room.

I got my glass of water and sat on the counter scrolling through my phone. I heard Noah walk in. "is he ok Noah" I ask him. He nodded but didn't say anything else.

He got a glass of water too before sitting down next to me. I turned to look at him. "Noah, I hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries..." he cut me off before I could finish. "You want to know what happened to my parents" he says.

I didn't say anything. He sighed before grabbing my hands and intertwining our fingers together, I felt sparks from his touches and could feel butterflies in my stomach. "I want to know everything about you Noah" I whispered.

"So, it all started when my mom and dad were 17 and they both met each other at work. They worked at a small café together. My mom and dad started dating and they got married when they were 19. After they got married, they opened a pizzeria. My dad was the chef and my mom was at the front of house. When my mom turned 20, she found out she was pregnant with me. My dad's pizzeria was quite popular but my mom left work so she could be a stay at home. 

We lived a comfortable life growing. We weren't rich but we weren't poor. In high school I was a nerd. I was in the robotics team, top of all my classes and I got a full scholarship to go to Princeton. 

I started my company when I was 18. My mom and dad were my biggest supporters. By the time I was 19 I made my first million. 6 years ago, when I was 20 years old and in the last year of university my mom told me how she had always wanted to go to Dubai and she wanted to surprise my dad for his birthday that was coming up. She had saved up for years. I told her I would upgrade them with everything and they should go. 

The day our lives changed was the day they were supposed to fly out for Dubai. That night a drunk driver ran a red light and crashed into my parents' car. Their car flipped. They both died instantly" Noah had tears streaming down his face and I lifted my hand to his face and wiped them away. He gave me a small smile.

"I had come home from a frat party and I remember 2 officers at my dorm and when they told me my parents had died on impact, I think a part of me died too. I had a semester left of college but I dropped out. I couldn't carry on with life. I hired multiple nannies to care for my siblings and I was out all hour's partying, getting drunk, having sex with random girls. 

One evening I was passed out drunk in my office and Jacob had walked in. he was 16 at the time. We had a heart to heart and I realised it wasn't just me who was hurting. I had to get custody for my siblings as they were underage. And my lawyer said I wouldn't have a chance if I kept partying and getting drunk. I decided to sort myself out. 

Zach and mason have been my best friends since we were in elementary, they helped me stay on track and helped me with my company. Within months I was the legal guardian to 5 people. Even though they were my siblings I had to be a father to them. Abigail and Isaac were only 6-year-olds. I was so scared I didn't know how to raise them but I tried my best and I made a promise to myself and to my dead parents that I would bring them up in the way my parents would have. Abigail sometimes slips up and calls me dad and then she gets sad when she realises. Life isn't fucking fair. Our parents were just snatched away from us".

I quickly pulled Noah into a hug and at first, he tensed up but he slowly started easing into my hug. I pulled away "I'm so sorry you guys went through this I couldn't imagine" I looked him in the eye. "I'm here for all of you. I know I've been hired for Amelia and Levi, but I'm here for all of you".

Noah looked up at me in surprise before taking hold of my chin and kissing me. I deepened the kiss and he pulled me into his lap. I was straddling him and had my fingers tangled in his hair. Neither of us wanting to break the kiss. Eventually I pulled away breathless. I felt myself blush feeling embarrassed to meet Noah's gaze. I heard him chuckle "I like this position beautiful" he whispers in my ear.

I looked down and instantly blushed. I was still in my dress and the dress had ridden up as I straddled him exposing my panties. I quickly get out of this position and straighten my dress seeing him pout. He looked so cute and more handsome.