I - III

I stood at the station with Severus's hand in mine. I will never admit this to anyone but I was very nervous, I knew all my friends were going to be there but I still couldn't help the feeling.

"everything will be alright Amara, and I will be seeing you at Hogwarts anyway"                                 

"I know, it's just"  As I was about to complete my sentence Draco and Sissy arrived, seeing Draco all my worries disappeared. 

"do you have everything you will need Mara, clothes, perfume, books, ink, parchment?"

"yes Sissy I have everything" I giggled 

"well okay, if you have forgotten anything just let me know and I will have it sent"  

"Now you two better be getting on or you won't find a compartment".

After we said our good beys me and Draco got onto the train and in the first year's cart. As soon as we got on the first cabinet was empty so we just decided to sit there and wait for our friends. not even a minute later the compartment door flew open

"Amara" Daph yelled falling into my arms, right behind her were Theo and Blaise. me and Daph just stayed like that in each other's arms while all of us coughed up on what everyone had been up to not that we hadn't just met at the Malfoy's summer gala like a week ago.  

"It's ridiculous, why can't first years have their broom!"  Draco exclaimed

"I know, the brooms our house elves use to seep the floors are better than the brooms they have at Hogwarts to teach us how to fly!" I understood where they came from, and even though it's very unladylike to fly I liked it. 

I remember the first time I flew. It felt like I was free, free from all the prying eyes waiting for me to make a mistake, free from all the pressure to be perfect. it was amazing I never wanted to land. Now I am the fastest on a broom amongst our group. 

"I am going to try out for Seeker next year, it's a shame they don't let first-years play. You'll try out for chaser right Mara?"

"yeah I probably will, what about you Theo, don't you also want to be a chaser?"

"yeah but I have no intention of joining any time soon, maybe in our fourth year" 

"We should so get changed into our robes"

"When did you wake up Daph"

"When Draco yelled about the stupid broom" 

"oh I'm so sorry Your Highness" Draco mocked 

"Whatever, let us go, Mara" 

--------

we were all now gathered before the grate hall when a professor with green robes showed up. 

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup",

"Trevor!", a pudgy boy screamed as he reached for his toad. She rolled her eyes. Utterly pathetic. Students snicker and laugh.

"Sorry..", the boy said as McGonagall eyed him.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily", she finished, leaving us to our own devices. I turned to talk with Draco but realized that he wasn't behind her anymore, neither was Theo or Blaise