IV-X

Everyone from Slytherin year four and above was gathered in a room, severus had called for a meeting, girls sat on the right side and the boys on the left with a small circular table in the centre of the room with a gramophone on it.

"what do you think is going on?" Daphne asked from next to me

"I am not sure but I heard there is some even going to be healed this yule here, might be for that" I explained, just then Severus walked in.

"The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost...a dance. " Severus looked around the room eyeing everyone.

"I am sure each and every one of you here have been to enough balls to know everything there is to know, and have been taught to dance since a young age, but if there is someone who doesn't you are going to learn it hear, I don't one any of you fools tarnishing the name of Slytherins, so see and learn" he pauses and looks at me.

"Amara and Draco" the two of us stood in the middle of the room face to face and Severus started the music. Drac bowed and gave me his hand.

"May I have this dance, my lady" I couldn't help but blush at his actions causing everyone to awe at us. i placed my name in his

"of course" he rose and kissed the back of my hand, stepping closer he placed a hand on my waist while the other held my hand, I placed my free hand on his shoulder as we started saying to the music. we danced like this just the two of us for some time before Severus ordered everyone to join in.

after observing all the couples dance Severus changed the music to a more fun and beat one before leaving us to enjoy. 

---------

We had just gotten back from our classes for the day. all five of us were slumped on a sofa tired from the activities of the day. suddenly draco sits up from beside me.

"My love, would you do me the honour of being my date to the yule ball?" as asked taking my hands in his.

"it would be my honour," I said hugging him.

"Why do this? bot Theo and you? you'll are already engaged it is obvious you'll would be going together" Blaise groaned. 

"it's a matter of etiquette Blaise, I don't expect you to understand," Daphne teased, blaise just rolled his eyes.

"so you going to ask your mystery crush to the ball?" I asked. Blaise just shook his head.

"I going to be going as a bachelor" he declared causing a lot of people, girls and boys alike, to let out a whine. 

"looks like you just broke a lot of hearts" Theo teased. Blaise just shrug

" I could care less" he stated.

"What a gentleman" Daphne rolled her eyes causing us to laugh. 

---------

only a week was left for the Yule ball. 

"Have you found a date yet?" I asked Cedric as we walked towards the great hall.

"no, not yet" he sighed.

"you know you can't be going as a bachelor since you're a champion right" I reminded him of the rules, the champions are the ones that initiate the first dance.

"I know, it's just no girl is catching my eyes" he glances at our friends as we enter the great hall.

"I was talking to Fleur yesterday and she also doesn't have a date, why not ask her, as a friend" I suggest.