IV-II

it had been 5 days since we had come to my mansion to stay for the summer and I had noticed how Blaise had been destined with us the whole time, this wasn't like him, he is the type to become the centre of attention with his charming smile and amazing personality as soon as he walks into a room. even last year he would disappear without telling anyone where he was going, whenever we would ask him he would either change the topic or not answer us and walk away. but not this time. 

this time he had nowhere to run away too. it was just him and I.

"Blaise!" I caused him to jump a little from his seat.

"Merlin woman, who are you so silent?"

"that doesn't matter at the moment. tell me what is going on, and spear me the super, you know what I am talking about, you disappearing last year, and now distancing yourself from us, have we done something? tell me." I pleaded. he looked down at the ground and muttered something inaudible.

"I can hear you Blais," I said sitting on the chair next to his.

"it's me, I don't want you to be disgusted by me," he said still looking at the ground. I took his hand in mine causing him to look at me.

"you could never disgust us Blais, you are our best friend and we would do anything for you, always, remember?"  I said looking him in the eyes.

"I like someone" his confession confused me.

"Why would that disgust me, Blais? that's amazing" he looked down again.

"It's a boy," he finally confessed. My heart ached for him.

"Oh, Blaise, that doesn't matter. Love is love," I assured him. He looked up, tears brimming in his eyes.

"I don't disgust you?" he asked, his voice wavering as tears spilled down his cheeks. I wiped them away gently, offering him a small smile.

"never Blais, I and the rest of our friends will love you no matter what," I told him still holding his face. he enveloped me in a hug and sobbed a little. 

After I made sure he was alright I smirked.

"so who is he?" Blaise chuckled a little.

"it doesn't matter, he doesn't feel that way for me anyway so it doesn't matter" he smiled sadly

"how do you know? did you confess to him?" 

"no but he has had girlfriends" he looked down again.

"so what? did you have a girlfriend briefly? what was her name? Astora?" he looked up at the ceiling and laughed.

"Astoria" 

"yeah same thing"

"you know that was because of my mother, after hearing about you and Draco she wouldn't leave me alone"  he was still looking up.

"he could also have been in a similar situation" I tried, but he just shook his head.

"he was genuinely in love with her" he explained covering his eyes with his arm.

"Okay, but you can at least tell me who he is?" he just shook his head so I let it be.

"When are you going to tell the rest?" he looked back at me.

"soon. I promise, just give me some time, I'll do it before the end of summer" he promised.

"this summer" he chucked and nodded his head.

----------

The rest of the summer was a whirlwind of laughter and adventure. We spent our days swimming in the cool waters of the nearby lake, challenging each other to daring dives and splash fights. We indulged in muggle board games, competing fiercely yet playfully in games of Monopoly, Scrabble, and Uno.

On sunny afternoons, we explored the countryside on bicycles, pedalling along winding paths and through picturesque meadows, the wind in our hair and the sun on our faces. And in the evenings, we gathered around bonfires, roasting marshmallows and sharing stories under the starlit sky.

But most importantly, we cherished each other's company, making memories that would last a lifetime. As the days grew shorter and summer drew to a close, we held onto every moment, grateful for the bond of friendship that had brought us together.

It was our last night together, our final evening before we would all return to our respective homes. We gathered in the back gardens, huddled around a crackling bonfire, the warmth of the flames comforting us as we sat in a circle.

I found myself nestled between Draco and Blaise, surrounded by our dear friends. Cedric sat beside Blaise, with Daphne on his other side, and Theo was nestled between Daphne and Draco. We sat in companionable silence, the only sound the crackle of the fire and the soft murmur of our voices.

There was a bittersweetness to the moment, a tinge of sadness knowing our time together was drawing to a close. Yet, beneath it all, there was a sense of gratitude for the memories we had made and the bond we shared.  

Blaise cleared his throat, a signal that he had something important to share. I met his gaze, offering him a reassuring squeeze of his hand to let him know I was by his side, ready to support him.

"this summer had been the best one of my life" his voice broke a little so I squeezed his hand tighter and he squeezed mine back.

"I know I've been distant at times, and I want to apologize for that. But being here with all of you, it's made me realize how lucky I am to have friends like you" he looked at me and smiled.

"I realized last year that I like someone" he stared into the fire not meeting anyone's gaze.

"and it's a boy." no one spoke for what felt like an hour till Daphne broke the silence.

"ohh Blaise, that doesn't matter to us, as long as you are happy, that is all we want. if he makes you happy we could care less, and if anyone else says something I'm sure Amara will be more than happy to let Shadow have them as a snack" he had gotten up and was now kneeling next to Blaise who was still standing into the fire with now with tears running down his cheeks.

"you know I would, and I am sure the boys will have no problem drowning him in the lavatory" Now I was also kneeling by his other side. I looked up at Daphe who nodded in understanding and the two of us hugged him.

"you know it mate, we stick together no matter what" Theo said standing up and coming to stand behind Blaise, he patted his shoulders gently while Blaise silently sobbed in Daphne and my arms. silently Draco and Cedric had also joined us in soothing Blaise.

"so-so you don't hate me?" Blaise asked still sobbing.

"of course not, you are our best friend, always" Draco reassured

"yes Blaise, we could never hate you" Cedric confirmed.