IV-V

We sat in the Great Hall, watching as students lined up to submit their names into the Goblet of Fire. Viktor Krum had just finished his turn and was now approaching our table.

"Are you alright, Amara?" he inquired, concern evident in his voice.

"Yes, I'm feeling much better, thank you," I replied with a nod. He acknowledged my response before moving on. Draco had pulled me closer to him when Krum entered the hall, his arm still wrapped securely around my waist.

Shortly after, Cedric entered the hall with his Hufflepuff companions trailing behind him. Spotting us, he excused himself and joined our table with a determined expression.

"I'm doing it," he declared confidently.

"Doing what?" I asked, puzzled.

"Putting my name in the Goblet," he stated matter-of-factly. Daphne and Blaise gasped in disbelief.

"No, don't do it! Why would you want to do such a thing?" Blaise protested.

"I have to. Gryffindor has Harry, Slytherin has you, and even Ravenclaw has Cho and Luna. Hufflepuff, we have no one," Cedric explained.

"Hufflepuff has you," Daphne countered.

"Exactly. They have me, and that's why I have to do this," Cedric insisted.Silence fell over our group as Cedric looked at each of us with pleading eyes.

"I understand," I began, earning shocked looks from my friends.

"But promise us you'll be safe. Come to us for help. We don't care about the rules. You won't be doing this alone. You have us. You're one of us, and we always stick together, no matter what. Promise us," I said, rising from my seat. Blaise stood up beside me, echoing my sentiment.

"Mara's right. If you're determined to do this, promise us you'll come to us for help and stay safe," Blaise added.

Cedric smiled at us. "I promise," he assured us, before returning to his friends and joining them to submit his name into the Goblet.

----------

we had DADA and I was dreading going. I didn't want to see that madman, I wasn't sure if this time I would be able to keep my anger intact. 

"I see you all slogged down to Flourish & Rlotts like good little boys and girls and bought the textbook. Congratulations it'll make a fine doorstop. I'm Alastor Moody, ex-Auror, Ministry malcontent and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, End of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" he took a sip of something, and he cringed a little, it couldn't be pumpkin juice, from the residue left on his lips the liquid was too thick for it to be that. 

"When it comes to the Dark Arts, I believe in a practical approach. You may wonder what I mean by that. I'll show you. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?" is he really going to teach a bunch of 15-year-olds about the unforgettable curse? he really is a madman.   

"I might've known. Go on, Granger." 

"Three sir"

"And they're so named ...?"

"Because they're unforgivable. use of any one of them-" he cut off the ugly squirrel and continued.

"will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban,  Now, the Ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say differently. You need to know what you're up against. You need to be prepared. You need to find another place to put your gum beside the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnegan."