IV-IV

Draco and I were some of the last people to board the train. As soon as we walked into the Slytherin compartment we saw all of our friends including Cedric, the daily profit in Daphne's hands, she looked really pale. I guess they read what had happened. 

we opened the cabinet door and settled down. all of them were looking at us.

"did you know?" Cedric asked us.

"yes, we did" I sighed.

 "Why do you think Lucius told you to leave immediately, as soon as the two of you left Narcissa left with Drcao and me" I explained.

"so what does this mean?" Daphne's voice quivered a little.

"I am not sure what he is planning, all I know for sure right now is that he will be returning soon" We all fell silent.

"This is all feeling surreal right now, I knew that this day would come but now that it has I don't know how to feel." Blaise sighed sinking into the set, Cedric put an arm around him trying to comfort him. 

----------

we were sitting in the great hall and Dumbledore was making his usual speech when Flinch came running in and whispered something in his ear.

"tell them to wait," he told Flinch. he then looked back at us.

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament. -For those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when l say these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress, Madame Maxim" A giant lady walked in with two rows of beautiful women dancing behind her. I looked at Draco who was already looking at me. i smiled at him and looked back at the girls. i saw of of them send a wink towards Draco but he just took my hand and kissed it in front of her, she turned red and looked away. at that Blaise was laughing his ass off. I just rolled my eyes at him.

"so Ced, anyone caught your eye?" ever since his little crush on Chang he hasn't had anyone. blaise had stopped laughing and now was staring at Cedric.

"no not really" Relief washed over Blaise. no way, it could be. oh, merlin. 

just then dumbledore announced our second guest. "And now our friends from the north. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master, lgor Karkaroff."

"bloody hell! It's Virkter Krum!" Blaise exclaimed. Cedric looked a little uncomfortable by his exclamation but masked it. Krum looked at the Slytherin table and scanned it, he stopped when he saw me and gave me another wink, I just raised my left hand where I wore Draco's initials and rested my hand on the table. Krum just smirked and looked back ahead. this caused Daco to get really mad. he placed a hand on my thigh and squeezed it. 

"he did that even at the staidin! I think he might like you" Cedric laughed. this just caused Draco to get angrier.

"he might like me, but I only like Draco," I said placing my hand on the Draco's hand that was on the table. that relaxed him a bit but he didn't let go of my thigh and I wasn't complaining. 

during dinner, most of the guys from Durmstrang had sat on the Slytherin table and Krum had decided to sit with our group. 

"Ms Salvetore" he greeted me sitting down. looking at Blaise's excitement I decided to introduce them.

"These are my friends, this is Blaise Zabini, Theodore Nott, Daphne Greengrass, Cedric Diggory and my finance Draco Malfoy" 

"he looked at everyone and greeted them, he was soon engaged in a conversation about the Durmstrang uniform with Blaise, that guy could talk to anyone about anything. 

"Your attention, please! I'd like to say a few words. Eternal glory. That is what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation. Mr. Bartemius Crouch." dumbledore announced

just then the ceiling had started to act up. everyone was baffled by what was happening just then someone cast a spell returning it back to normal. 

it was him. my parent's killer. Mad-Eye Moody. seeing him enraged me. 

"the Ministry has concluded that, for their own safety no student under the age of 1 7 shall be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament.  They're not too happy about that, then. The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament. need only write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly. If chosen, there's no turning back. As from this moment, the Triwizard Tournament has begun. Alastor Moody. Ex-Auror Ministry malcontent and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." 

"I couldn't believe this!" I exclaimed, frustration evident in my voice. Above us, grey clouds formed on the ceiling, thundering ominously. But at that moment, all I cared about was seeing justice served.

"My love, relax, you're scaring everyone," Draco's soothing voice cut through the tension as he placed a calming hand on my face, gently turning my gaze away from Mad-Eye and towards him. As I looked into his eyes, the clouds seemed to dissipate, the thunder fading into the background. Severus stood silently behind me, his expression unreadable.

After the incident, we didn't linger for food. Draco escorted me back to the common room, where we sat in silence on the sofa. I lay on top of Draco, listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat, finding solace in his presence. Eventually, Blaise arrived with some food, breaking the silence. Theo, Daphne, and Cedric joined us, and the six of us spent the rest of the night in the common room, talking until the early hours of the morning.