IV-I

Cissy enveloped me in a tight hug the moment she laid eyes on me.

"Oh, my darling, I've always thought of you as my daughter, but now I can officially call you my daughter," she exclaimed, refusing to release me from her embrace.

"I can't wait for the ball I'm hosting in your honor! I've been planning it since I heard the news! The theme is all set, and the invitations have been sent out. We simply must have it before you leave! Oh, I'm just so happy," Cissy gushed, her excitement palpable. Meanwhile, Draco stood nearby, silently observing.

"Son, you did well," Cissy said, turning her attention to Draco with a nod of approval.

"I am your blood child, mother," Draco complained, slightly exasperated.

"I am aware," she replied, causing me let out a giggle while draco just glared at no one in perticuler. Soon, we arrived at the Malfoy Manor.

As soon as we stepped into the Malfoy Manor, Shadow, the kitten I had rescued, leaped onto me, showering me with affection. I couldn't help but laugh at the ticklish sensation.

"Oh, look at him! Ever since you left him here, he's been so listless. I was worried sick and even called an animal specialist," Cissy chuckled, observing Shadow and me. Setting Shadow down, I watched as Midnight, my snake, slithered off my hand and joined in the play.

"Since it was the middle of the term, I couldn't take him with me. But I've spoken with Severus, and he said I could bring him next year," I explained, watching my two pets interact.

"Oh, that will be lovely, though we'll miss him dearly," Cissy remarked fondly.

Our group of friends, including Cedric, had agreed to spend the summer together at the same mansion where we had celebrated Christmas. We had planned to split our time: the first 15 days with our families, followed by a month together, and then the final 15 days with our families again.

---------

As Cissy had promised, she meticulously planned a grand ball with extraordinary detail.The following day, upon our return, Cissy whisked me away for dress shopping, eager for me to select the perfect attire for the occasion. With the ball's theme centered around a moonless starry night, she insisted on shades of black or dark blue.

When Cissy first revealed the theme, I couldn't contain my excitement at the thought of witnessing it brought to life. However, she strictly forbade Draco and me from seeing the decorations before the day of the ball.

I tried on numerous gowns, yet none seemed to capture the essence of the night until I laid eyes on one particular dress. Instantly, I fell in love with it, feeling as though it was made just for me.

 Instantly, I fell in love with it, feeling as though it was made just for me

-----

On the day of the ball, Draco surprised me with a gift: a stunning crown.

--------

As I sat at my dressing table, delicately touching up my makeup, the muffled sounds of guests chatting and laughter drifted up from downstairs. Cissy's instructions echoed in my mind, reminding me to remain in my room until I was announced. Only then would I be permitted to make my grand entrance.

My heart raced with anticipation, eager for Draco to catch sight of me in this exquisite gown. Adorning my head was the crown he had gifted me, a symbol of our bond and his affection. On my left hand, I wore the bracelet bearing Draco's initials, accompanied by the ring he had gifted me—a tangible reminder of our love. On my right hand, I adorned dragon scale as an arm cuff, intertwined with the Salvatore crest ring—a nod to my heritage and the intertwining of our families.

Earlier that day, I had cast a spell on Shadow to turn him into his full size, just for today. He lay at my feet, his majestic form a sight to behold, while Midnight rested atop him, coiled in a tranquil slumber.

 He lay at my feet, his majestic form a sight to behold, while Midnight rested atop him, coiled in a tranquil slumber

(the female heirs ring is different then the males)

As Lucius announced our entrance, I stood by my door, anticipation building with each passing second. "Our one and only son, Draco Lucius Malfoy," echoed through the hall, followed by applause. Then came the moment I had been waiting for: "And now, the beautiful Amara Rose Salvatore!"

With Midnight on my right and Shadow on my left, I made my way down the staircase, feeling all eyes on me. The hall was transformed, with fog covering the floor and constellations adorning the ceiling, the brightest forming Draco and Ara, the constellation I was named after. It was as if we were floating above the clouds.

Severus stood at the bottom of the stairs, and Draco stood in the center of the ballroom. As I descended, Severus extended his hand to me, leading me to Draco. It was a touching tradition, one that made me grateful for Severus stepping in for my absent father.Throughout the descent, Draco's gaze never left mine. "You look ethereal, princess," he whispered as I reached him, causing me to blush.

"Now, everyone, please make space for the first dance of the evening. I would also like to call Daphne and Theodore to join the new couple on the dance floor," Lucius announced. The crowd parted, and Daphne, wearing an elegant gown, joined me, while Theo stood next to Draco.

As the music started, we took each other's hands, lost in the enchantment of the moment. It felt as if only Draco and I existed, our surroundings fading away as we danced. Other couples soon joined us on the dance floor, and we spent the night twirling and laughing in each other's arms.At one point, Blaise asked me for a dance, followed by Cedric, until eventually, all six of us were dancing together in a joyful group.

I had excused myself for a drink, but Draco insisted that he would get it for me. As I stood near the dance floor, I overheard Remus and Severus talking. Remembering our earlier conversation, I approached them.

When I had asked Cissy if we could invite Remus, she had told me that she already had done so. Draco had explained to her how we had grown close, and she knew of the bond between Remus and my mother.

Walking towards them, I joined their conversation.

"I hope the two of you are getting along," I joked as I approached Remus and Severus.

"Always," Remus chuckled, while Severus simply looked at me before excusing himself.

"I'll leave you two to talk," Severus said as he walked away.

"You look beautiful, Amara. You remind me so much of Elis," Remus smiled warmly at me. Suddenly, I heard a low growl behind me and turned to see Shadow showing his protective side.

"It's okay, boy," I reassured him, patting his head gently. Remus looked at me with amusement.

"Where did you even get him?" he asked, curious.

"I found him on the brink of death last Christmas. He's still a cub, but I transformed him for today," I explained. Remus nodded in understanding just as Draco arrived, holding two glasses of drinks.

"I hope that isn't alcohol," Remus teased, eyeing the drinks suspiciously.

"Of course not," Draco smirked. I took a sip and confirmed that it wasn't. The rest of the night was spent in the delightful company of friends, chatting and enjoying each other's presence.