III-XI

As the group settled in for the night, I couldn't shake off the feeling of discomfort and indignation. Sleeping on the ground in such close proximity to the boys was indeed far from ideal, especially considering the norms and expectations of our upbringing.

Daphne's disdain was palpable, and her sentiments echoed my own. It was undeniably a situation that would not sit well with our parents if they were to hear about it. The mere thought of their disapproval added another layer of discomfort to the already awkward arrangement.

With Draco on my right, Daphne on my left, and Theo positioned next to her, the boys arranged themselves around us, creating a protective barrier. Blaise near our heads, while Crabbe and Goyle stationed themselves near our feet. 

Draco noticed my discomfort, his concern was evident in his expression. With a quick glance around to ensure no prying eyes were upon us, he stealthily manoeuvred closer to me. With ease, he discreetly slipped his hand out of his sleeping bag and gently unzipped mine just enough to allow his hand to slip inside and find mine.

His touch was reassuring, a silent gesture of solidarity amidst the discomfort of our surroundings. In that brief moment, the tension eased slightly, replaced by a sense of connection and understanding. Despite the constraints of our circumstances, Draco's simple act of kindness brought a small measure of comfort, reminding me that we were in this together.

As our hands intertwined in the darkness of the great hall, a silent understanding passed between us. In that fleeting moment, amidst the chaos and uncertainty, there was solace to be found in the warmth of each other's touch. And with that silent reassurance, we faced the night together, united in defiance against the indignities forced upon us.

-------

I sat by the black lake, enveloped in solitude, reflecting on the tumultuous events of the past two years. Subconsciously, my fingers traced the initials of Draco etched onto my wrist, a reminder of the intricate twists and turns life had taken.

Suddenly, a gust of wind swept through the air, causing the trees and bushes to rustle behind me. Intrigued, I turned to behold the mesmerizing dance of leaves swaying in the breeze. As grey clouds gathered ominously above, my attention was drawn to an unexpected sight—a black dog, its presence a stark contrast to the absence of wildlife within Hogwarts grounds.

Recollections of a conversation with Remus flooded my mind. He had alluded to his friends finding a means to assist him, a secret he had guarded closely. And now, as I observed the mysterious canine before me, a realization dawned upon me: animagus. I looked at the dog who was staring right at me. I just sighed and looked back at the lake. i heard leaves crunch behind me, I turned to look and the dog had started walking towards me. I didn't say anything and just looked back at the lake. he took that as a sign and came closer to me. 

"So that's how you escaped Azkaban, isn't it?" I asked, still fixated on the tranquil surface of the lake. His confirmation was unnecessary; the truth lingered in the air like an unspoken secret.

"Remus talks a lot about you and Potter senior," he growled in response to my probing. I merely smirked, refusing to be intimidated by his hostility.

"You must be pathetic Potter's—" He growled again, but I brushed off his aggression, seamlessly continuing, "Godfather. From what Remus tells me, the two of you were very close."

As my eyes drifted to my wrist, where Draco's initials resided, I noticed his gaze follow suit.

"Weasel's rat is Peter, isn't it?" I questioned, still avoiding direct eye contact. There was a shift now there was a man with greasy black hair and a tattered coat standing before me, resembling the images from the Daily Prophet.

"How do you know all this? And who are you?" he demanded, confusion and suspicion etched on his features.

"I'd like to think I'm pretty observant. I can't say the same for you," I replied coolly, rising to my feet. His hand tightened around mine, attempting to detain me, but my unwavering gaze caused him to falter. Seizing the moment, I broke free and walked away, leaving him to ponder the enigmatic encounter

---------

Today was that chicken's execution, I must say an execution was a bit much but understandable. when I had written to Lucious about what had happened he was livid. 

Draco and I were on our way to watch it happen.

as we were walking down to the oaf's hut we heard 

"It just got worse." it was the trio of stupidity. 

"What did I tell you? Father said I can keep the hippogriff's head. I think I'll donate it to the Gryffindor's common room" Draco bosted to me, he still hadn't seen the trio.

"Look who just arrived" I pointed out to Draco

" Ah, come to see the show?" Draco bolted

"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" it was the ugly squirrel. She had her wand ready, but before she could pull it up I had my wand by her neck.

"The three of you just don't understand do you?" I tilted my head to the side. I put my wand under her chin causing her to lift her head. Midnight who was around my neck slid down my hand that was holding the wand. midnight stopped near my wrist and hissed at the ugly squirrel. this caused the ugly Squirall to flinch a bit resulting in Draco laughing. 

Draco laughing must have angered the weasel because he tried launching onto Draco. The weasel tried punching Draco but before his fist could collide with Draco, Draco kicked him and had him on the ground. 

"Hermione, Ron, no! They aren't worth it." it was pathetic Potter. Weasel and ugly Squirall looked at Potter, while Draco and I looked at each other and smirked, none of us moved.

"let them go!" pathetic potter shouted. draco and I again looked at each other. Draco shrugs his shoulders letting go of Weasel. so I did the same, I let the ugly Squirall go. 

The trio just ran towards the hut while Draco and I went back to the castle and to our common room. Blaise had been gone somewhere since class ended, Dahne was with Theo in the boy's room so Draco and I decided to go to Daphne and my room.