part 7

They'd changed a little since she'd last seen them

She hadn't quite noticed it while they were speeding away from Allison, but Stiles had grown his hair a little longer than the last time she'd seen him and he'd finally managed to grow the beard that he'd always told them all he would have if he tried.

Isaac had a little bit of stubble - not as much as Stiles, but definitely more than she remembered - and that baby-ish look on his face was long gone now. His eyes were a lot more hardened since she'd last seen him and she wondered if his eyes would still be yellow or not. 

Both of them looked at her with too many feelings in their eyes.

Levi ignored Stiles' mutterings about being left out of the loop as she jumped down from the back of the Jeep on to the hard ground outside the police station. Her wounds had fully healed, although she was still drenched to the bone and had a faint smell of gasoline across her from her encounter with Allison at the garage.

She paused as she noticed a significant lack of police cruisers, bitting her tongue from letting out an annoyed comment. Her eyes relaxed as she noticed a familiar sports car at the side of the parking lot, a slight relief in her chest as she realised the office wasn't as empty as she thought.

"Great. Just great," Stiles muttered, slamming the jeep's door and striding over to her side, his eyes darting around the seemingly deserted police station. "Levi, we're going inside and you're gonna tell us everything right from the start."

Isaac trailed after them, his face locked into a brooding expression as he clutched the arrow tightly. The thought of Allison hunting his pack, his friends, sickened him to the core.

Levi had tried to explain it to them in the short car journey, but how could she really? She had no idea what was going on other than Allison had appeared because of something Lydia, Malia and Scott had done at the Nemeton. All she really knew was that she was having some pretty awful dreams about the huntress and suddenly Lydia had called Jackson for help.

"Shut up, Stiles," Levi said quietly as she pushed open the station's doors. The sudden rush of cold air felt like a slap to her face.

"Yeah, the fires all happened right after the jar was taken from Japan."

Lydia, Levi thought. She'd recognise her voice anywhere. Her eyes flickered to the side to see that Isaac had picked up on the sound of the strawberry blonde's voice, and both of the wolves cast a glance at Stiles before making the decision to keep walking deeper into the station and towards her and the others without telling him anything.

"Wow, wow, hold up," Stiles flailed, grabbing on to both of their arms as he tugged them to look at him with an incredulous expression. "What was that? Don't think I didn't notice that look you both just gave each other and then me!"

"Nothing, Stiles. Just focus," Levi snapped, pulling her arm out of his grip and continuing to walk into the station. Isaac followed suit, leaving Stiles to trail after them in confusion.