chapter 30

Hissing as Scott accidentally touched her healing skin from where Gerard had sliced her tattoo off, the boy pulled back to see the Hale pack symbol burned into her muscles like the bodies that they had found when they found the Anuk-ite shells. Looking back to his girlfriend, Scott couldn't help but cry.

"We thought you were dead."

Levi shrugged, a small smirk falling on to her lips. "I thought I was too," she truthfully told him. "But then I remembered you, and our pack, and everyone, and I knew I was going to be okay."

There was a pause before Levi spoke again, her eyes hardening and her voice going darker.

"I know you're not a killer Scott. But oh my, I can't wait to kill that son of a bitch."

//.//

"Now, since you still have a little bit of wolfsbane in your system Melissa and I think it's best that you stay out of trouble for a few days," Chris told the young alpha as she let the man redress the bandages around her healing skin where Gerard had taken her tattoo as a trophy for himself.

Laying on the couch, the girl felt a comforting squeeze on her hand from Lydia as the strawberry blonde watched her friend's face fall at the news. Especially after being filled in on the fact that the Anuk-ite had merged into one and was now capable of turning people into stone, she was less than pleased to find out she was going to be doing nothing to help the rest of her pack.

Watching as the man raised to his feet and started a conversation with her boyfriend at the edge of the room, Levi found herself wondering if there was any chance that they were all going to get through this alive. She certainly almost hadn't, and there was a hint of fear in her that one of them was going to be left lifeless at the end of this.

"Something feels... off," Lydia murmured, her hand still holding on to Levi's. The alpha's eyes shot up instantly to study the look that had crossed across her friend's face. As soon as the blank look had crossed her face, it almost faded and Lydia blinked quickly as she refocused on Levi. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She sassed, squinting at Levi as the girl stared at her in anticipation.

"You said something wasn't right," Levi slowly drawled, realising that Lydia obviously didn't remember the moment that she just had. The strawberry blonde puckered her lips for a second as she tried to recall why she had said it and what it was about, but she found nothing.

Levi had a gut feeling that she was somehow connected to whatever feeling Lydia had, especially as they were still physically connected through their hands. She already felt a bit like death, and was hoping that Lydia's moment had nothing to do with her.

"So, hate to interrupt," Malia started as she jumped down from where she had been sitting on the countertop. Her eyes flittered between everyone as she shrugged slightly. "But are we going to tell Levi about the plan?"

Levi furrowed her eyebrows as she sat up slightly, Lydia moving her hand to rest it on her shoulder comfortingly. They all knew that Levi would heal quickly but with Melissa having advised Chris to make the girl take it easy for at least 24 hours they wanted her to not pressure herself.

"Tell me what plan?"

Scott fidgeted slightly with his hands as him and Lydia shared guilty looks. Catching these, Levi raised her eyebrows higher as she looked between them with confusion written all over her face.

"So, to stop the Anuk-ite we'll be fighting blind," Scott started and a sinking feeling began to sink into Levi. "You said we needed everyone we've got to help and who better to teach us how to fight blind than someone who has experience of it?"