chapter 17

"Douglas..." Parrish moved to get up, Scott and Liam grabbing his arms as they helped him to his feet. "He's merging the worlds so the Ghost Riders can cross over."

"Yeah, he wants his supernatural army in our world."

"How do we stop him?" Scott asked, his eyes flickering over Levi to double check she was okay.

"The train. It's coming."

"Okay, and how do we stop that?"

"You can't stop it. But you can divert it."

//.//

"Okay, how the hell do you "merge worlds?" Okay, nowhere in the manual does it say that werewolves can do that. And Scott and I pretty much wrote the manual!" Stiles yelled as the four of them ran outside of the school. Levi crouched down, touching her hand against the railway tracks that went straight across the ground they were walking on.

"We can't even move between them, all right? Look what it took to break you out. We can't move between worlds!" Scott summarised, agreeing with Stiles as they all tried to think of a plan to save their town before Lydia became all that was left.

Liam paused, turning to look at all three of them as he began to run with an idea that was stuck in his head. "But Corey can."

The older three turned to look at him, realising that he might be on to something. Levi nodded, furrowing her eyebrows as she moved a hand signalling him to continue explaining his idea.

"He can exist in both worlds, and he can take people with him. At Scott's house, he pulled a Ghost Rider into our world. At the lacrosse game he brought us into theirs. What if that's how Douglas is doing it? What if Corey's the key?" Liam continued, jumping up and down slightly as he got himself more worked up about being able to save everyone by finding his friend.

"Interesting theory, okay? Solid logic. It is, but he's in there and we're out here. So the only way to save everyone now is to just divert the train," Stiles clarified, pointing out how implausible Liam's plan was going to be.

"We have to find him."

"How?" Levi asked, intrigued to find out how Liam was wanting to play this all out. If it could be done, it was worth a try.

"I'm going into the Hunt."

The second that left his mouth, all three shook their heads at the idea of Liam being captured and entering the hunt. Stiles threw his hands in the air and rubbed them across his face as he looked at the young beta that was standing in front of them all.

"No, no, no. Liam, I think you're confused, we're trying to get people out of the Hunt," Stiles started, but Scott shook his head slightly.

"He can get taken by a Ghost Rider. It's just..." the alpha spoke before Levi finished his sentence for him.

"That's not a pleasant option. I'm speaking from experience!" She yelled, waving at her and Stiles nodding in agreement to not let Liam be captured by the hunt.

"I don't need to get taken to get into the Hunt." Liam suddenly realised, the three all turning back to look at him as he was obviously thinking his plan over in his head. Stiles and Levi shared looks before she shrugged, having no idea what he was planning.

"Okay. Seems like you got an idea, let's disc..." Liam took off, ignoring Stiles and darting down the tracks in the opposite direction. "Where are you going?!" 

"I'll be back!" His retreating figure yelled at them as all three sighed deeply. They stood in silence as he finally disappeared from their sight, a confused look on all of their faces at how quickly he had formed a plan and was acting on it.