chapter 18

"And maybe you didn't hear me." Douglas replied, shifting so his eyes turned into the green that mirrored the colour of the Ghost Rider clouds.

Scott and Levi roared back, both of them shifting fully and allowing their power and strength to be heightened. Levi's eyes flashed red before fully emerging themselves into the bright green shade to mirror Douglas. She wasn't sure what it would do or why it had done so, but maybe it would help her.

Douglas clicked his claws, and the lightning flashed again. Levi and Scott shared a look as they suddenly realised that they were massively outnumbered in the fight against him and the riders to save their friends.

//.//

Levi and Scott both craned their necks before moving forward and towards Douglas together. The Nazi scoffed, shaking his head as he studied the two teenagers. They just seemed to never give up even though there was no chance for them.

"Unbelievable. Even in the face of insurmountable odds." Douglas looked them up and down before continuing his monologue. "I don't know if it's suicide or stupidity."

"Maybe both," Levi informed him, not sure if they were actually able to pull this off. But she had faith in Scott, and if anyone could do something - it was him. He had grown so much since she had first met him when she had moved in with the alpha pack. They all had. She was no longer the killer she had been once, and he was no longer the scared boy who was only a beta.

"Either way, I'm getting to that diverter," Scott snarled, moving even closer to Douglas as Levi growled at the Ghost Riders around them. Even though Douglas had said they wouldn't hurt her, she wasn't going to take his word for it.

"You of all people, Scott, should know what happens to lone wolves," Douglas replied, snarling back at Levi and Scott.

Levi heard the footsteps before she heard them speak. A smile found its way on to her face, despite not having met one of the people that the scents belonged to. The other two were familiar, and while she only really appreciated one of them being there - she couldn't ignore that the other had actually arrived to help them.

"He's not alone. He's got a pack," the unfamiliar scented boy shouted. They all turned, the Ghost Riders parting like a sea as Theo stepped out from behind the tree, covered in cuts and blood as he stood proudly in his ripped shirt. 

"And Theo's not in it," Malia spoke, jogging up alongside the boy. "But I am."

Levi paused for a moment, her eyes connecting with the boy's as she realised just exactly who he was. She snarled at him, a loud and clear noise that echoed throughout the trees as she considered ripping the boy apart piece by piece on sight. Malia connected her eyes with Levi, shaking her head slightly as she reminded the girl that despite their issues with Theo, he was here to help.

Levi withdrew her snarl, but she knew that once they had defeated the Ghost Riders, she was definitely going to let the boy really understand just whose pack he was messing with.

"I'm not in the pack!" Peter yelled, peering out from behind Malia. Levi narrowed her eyes at her uncle, but she knew it was only in his best interests that he was helping them. "But no one likes a Nazi."

Everyone lunged forward, slashing and clawing their way through the ghost riders as Scott took on Douglas. Levi found it easy to take them down, as they weren't even touching her much like Douglas had promised they wouldn't. However, Douglas himself wasn't bound by the same rules.

He smashed his fist into the side of her face, catching her off guard and causing her to fall to the ground as he turned to deliver a kick to Scott's stomach. Levi howled slightly, having heard a crack at the connection his fist had made. She could feel the bone in her jaw slip out of place as she lay on the ground.