chapter 11

Levi watched as the realisation flooded into his eyes at once, the man stumbling back slightly as he stared at the girl. He sucked in a breath, before a small smile formed its way on to his face.

"Levi," he breathed, catching her as the brunette girl flung herself into his arms. "I can't believe it's really you!"

Levi let herself be vulnerable, a tear dripping on to his leather jacket as she hugged on to him tightly. She had missed the man more than she would ever think to admit - he had been the one to really bring her back from the berserker persona Kate had inflicted upon her. She smiled at him, nodding with tears in her eyes.

"I'm home."

//.//

Levi didn't know where her boyfriend was. Of course, he still didn't remember who she actually was so whether she could really refer to him as that was something she had considered before deciding he would remember her soon enough.

So, the young alpha found herself right back at the hospital she had just left. If anyone knew where the true alpha would be, hopefully it would be Melissa McCall. There was a higher chance she would be able to help Levi than just wandering around Beacon Hills for someone who didn't remember her.

Before she rounded the corner, she had a feeling she was about to recognise who she was going to bump into. It was the familiar smell of the polish from police shoes, the gunpowder from the gun on his belt - but more so it was the smell of singe and burn that gave it away to her. Jordan Parrish had been flung into the supernatural world after Allison's death and the beginning of the deadpool.

Levi had never seen him as a Hellhound, but after Stiles explained it to her in their confinement, it made sense. He had always smelled like a campfire, and she now understood it was her supernatural senses recognising him as the dog of fire.

The man was facing the other direction when her eyes laid on him. He was laughing about something with a nurse, Levi watching as he chatted away to whom she realised was actually Melissa McCall. Levi smiled at the woman, causing her to grin widely at the sight of the girl. They had only been separated for a few hours but she was glad to see the girl again. She never really wanted to let her out of her sight again after they had all forgotten her.

The nurse stopped speaking, causing Parrish to turn around and look at who she was now grinning at and had adverted her attention to. Unlike Chris, he recognised her instantly - something that Levi put down to not having as much memories to think about. His mouth opened slightly, shutting, and opening before finally shutting again as he realised he had forgotten all about the other alpha. 

Everything was beginning to make more sense, they had all been missing something - someone - for quite sometime and now Parrish understood who they were talking about. And if Parrish seeing Levi wasn't enough for one day - another familiar scent hit her nose just as Parrish began to move slowly towards her.

Levi sucked in a breath, realising that the man that was about to turn the corner had no recollection of his own son. He walked straight past her without a look, before heading over to Melissa. He smiled at her, saying something to Parrish before continuing down the corridor and leaving.

Levi found herself stuck to the spot, internally kicking herself for being unable to reach out to Sheriff Stilinski. He didn't even know he had a son, and she hadn't been able to even move towards the man to remind him of Stiles. Melissa saw the heartbroken look on her face and went to go speak to her.

Parrish got there first.

"Oh my god, Hale?" He breathed, pulling the small girl into a tight hug before he released her with a massive grin spread across his face and snapping her out of her moment.