chapter 9

Stiles, what... what are you talking about? Just tell us where you are, and we'll, we'll come and..." Lydia spoke, trying to ignore the thought of losing the boy again.

"Right, just remember this. Canaan, okay? You have to find Canaan and Levi! Levi came across before Peter. Just find Canaan and Levi!" Stiles yelled, just as the radio seemingly lost the connection and turned back into radio static.

"Stiles! Stiles!" They yelled, trying to get the radio to turn back on.

//.//

There was a ringing noise in Levi's ears when she found herself able to open her eyes again. It was accompanied by a heavy vibration that her senses deemed wasn't coming from the room she was in.

That's if you could even call the place a room. It was more like a small sectioned area of a room with an almost plastic wrap as walls, and she could tell from the noise of the oxygen being seeped in above her head that it was sealed tight so no air could even get into the area.

She wasn't sure if this was a good thing or not. Sure, it might heal her burns faster - but didn't it also mean she wasn't going to have any visitors except from hospital staff? And surely she should have healed by now considering she was supposedly one of the most powerful alphas around?

Something - no, someone - had left a scent outside her room that she instantly knew. She couldn't quite think who it belonged to, her senses were still messed up from her harsh landing on to the gravel outside the McCall residence.

She focused, hoping her ears might pick up something she couldn't.

"It's spreading, isn't it?" A females voice asked from potentially the room across from the one she was in. She knew that voice, and the sheer sound of the breaths in between every syllable the woman spoke sent nothing but happiness through her.

Melissa McCall was a nurse. Levi had forgotten this fact when she had been confused about the hospital, but now she remembered. The woman who had treated her as if she was her own daughter was only seconds across the hall from her - but she couldn't even move. 

"You don't wanna know. Uh, how did a whip do this?" The woman continued, causing Levi's interest to spike - the ghost riders were still here.

"It was a Ghost Rider's whip," A gruff voice rasped out, causing Levi's heart to skip another beat. She knew that voice - that voice knew her too. Chris Argent was there, lying on the same sort of bed she was currently in just across the hall from her with her favourite woman too. And better, they knew properly about the existence of Ghost Riders now too.

"Well, the regular doctors think that they can surgically remove the dead flesh. You're scheduled for emergency surgery in an hour," Melissa continued, unaware that the burn victim she was supposed to go check on after Chris was Levi - her son's soulmate.

"Hey... Hey... Wait! Where are you going?" Levi could hear some rustling, and if Chris Argent was the man she thought him to be, she knew he was trying to escape the hospital room no matter how injured he really was.

"It's a supernatural toxin. If they try to cut it out, it will spread," Levi understood this more than Melissa did, it was something that Deucalion had taught her when she was under his pack. Although she felt hatred for the man, he had basically raised her - and although she wouldn't say it out loud, she was thankful for everything he had taught and drilled into her. 

"Tell me what you need," Melissa's tone changed, knowing that she was going to have to save Chris.

"I can't go in the operating room. I won't come out alive," Chris rasped, the urgency in his tone being something that Levi hated to hear from such a usually strong man.