chapter 14

"They're our responsibility," Levi muttered to Scott, a proud look in her eye as she studied the remaining members of her pack.

"Nothing is going to happen to them," Scott agreed, linking hands with Levi as they both got closer to the edge of being asleep.

"Tomorrow, we're going to save Beacon Hills."

//.//

"The tunnel gate's locked," Lydia said, running down the corridor and into the bunker room that they had learned about from Argent. Malia had just finished shutting off the vents, Scott had sealed the other metal doors and Levi had laid out a spare gun on the counter before them - just incase.

"Everything's locked," Levi noted, closing the door behind the strawberry blonde.

"Think it'll hold them off?"

"Probably not."

"Definitely not."

"You guys aren't hoping I'm gonna be the optimist, are you?" Malia checked after noticing the looks she was receiving from everyone, it was unusual for them to all be so unsure of one of their plans.

"The world would be ending before that happened," Levi sassed at the coyote, watching as Malia bared her teeth playfully at the girls sarcastic humour.

"So, how cold does this thing get?" Scott asked, trying to drag the attention away from the beta and alpha as they bickered about optimism between each other.

"Cold enough for a Hellhound," Lydia explained, knowing that if it was able to hold Parrish it certainly had a high freezing temperature on it. "It's not the same as the ice bath you gave Isaac but, it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive."

Levi scoffed, knowing that it would never really be that easy for them. "Just as well we aren't humans then," she muttered, Lydia sending her a sarcastic smile at her shady remark. Levi shrugged, snuggling closer into Scott's hold.

"So what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?" Malia snapped, getting fed up with all of the scientific talk that she didn't understand at all.

"It'll slow your heart rate, and put you in a trance-like state," Lydia explained, eying up the machine before them.

"Like hypnosis!" Scott and Levi both said at the same time, shooting each other short smiles as they remembered how it felt to be so in sync with each other.

"Hypnotic regression. If we can figure out how to work it."

"This says "start," so, maybe it's not that complicated," Malia examined the machine, pointing to the START button that was slapped on the control manual.

Levi nodded, moving out of Scott's grasp to walk beside the coyote to examine the button she was motioning to. The alpha shrugged, not seeing why it wouldn't be a decent idea.

"It's complicated." They were instantly both shut down, causing any sign of optimism that Malia was trying to hold inside to instantly turn into a sarcastically fuelled remark.

"So, optimistically," Malia started, trying to stay calm and not show her frustration as she looked around at the other three supernatural beings standing in the bunker. "How much time do you think we need to do this?"

"As much time as Liam and Stilinski can buy us."

________

It was decided that Scott would be the one to enter the chamber. While Levi could remember Stiles, that obviously wasn't enough of a connection to bring him back to the dimension, so there would be no point in her going into the chamber. Lydia was supernatural, but more likely to die from the exposure to the below freezing temperatures, and while Malia felt strongly about Stiles, Levi assured them that Scott would certainly have more memories of the boy.