series epilogue

"I'm gonna tell you a story, maybe it'll sound familiar."

Thunder rumbled as the SUV drove through another puddle on the road as it sped into the night. Chris Argent glanced across the controls of the car to look at Scott McCall as he turned to face the young boy that was sitting upright in the centre back seat of the car.

The boy was drenched through to the bone, and he was trying to appear more relaxed than he actually was as he sat in the car with the two strangers that had just saved his life from the group of hunters that had killed everyone he had ever loved.

"There was this kid. Sixteen, alone, and running for his life," Scott continued, his eyes casting a quick glance to Chris before he continued to tell the young boy the story that he had brought to the front of his mind. "He couldn't see them, but he could hear them getting closer. They had guns, crossbows. They were hunting him."

Scott paused again for a second as he noticed the boys eye glaze over slightly, obviously comparing his own situation to the story that Scott was telling him. The boy could tell that the man was an alpha, but he could also smell the heavy gunpowder scent that clung to the man next to him.

"It started on the night of a full moon. Something came at him, something bit him and it changed his life," Scott smiled as he noticed Chris was also smiling slightly at his story. "It changed everything."

"What's your name?" The alpha asked the boy as he clung on to every word that Scott was telling him. The boy blinked and hesitated for a second before realising that he had nothing left to lose by telling his saviour his name.

"Alec."

Something seemed familiar about this boy, but Scott just couldn't put a finger on it. There was something about his face and his scent that seemed so familiar to him and even the name had a ring to it that he couldn't quite figure out.

"Did I get it right, Alec?" Scott asked, looking at the boy who was only a few years younger than him that was scrunching his face up defensively at Scott from where he was sitting.

"Is that what happened to you?" Alec asked, his eyes narrowed as he tried to figure out what was real.

"I've got my own story," Scott continued. "But there were parts that I didn't expect. People that I thought that would be with me forever were the ones that I lost. Some people I thought I could never trust ended up saving my life - more than once. We've all got stories."

"Everyone in my story is dead," Alec argued, his eyes sad as he looked between the two men that were sitting in the front. "All of them, Abigail, Sin, Xander, they're all dead!"

Chris furrowed his eyebrows, recognising those names but not realising where from. Scott noticed the man, but knew that it was best to ask after they were out of the car.

"Yeah, but you're not. And now you're with us," Scott told him firmly, reaching out and lightly placing a hand on the boy's arm.

"So what happens next? Your story," Alec asked, feeling like there was something about this alpha that he already felt attached to. "How does it end?"

__

"Having two alphas in one pack, well, that's a large target," Scott told the boy as he continued with the story. It was a long car journey, so while he had time to skip out some of the specifics, he knew that he could tell the boy a lot more than just the basics.

"Two?" Alec asked, surprise in his voice as he thought about the amount of packs he had heard of that had more than one alpha. One was the all alpha pack - something that had taken one of his best friends away from their pack when they had been younger.