chapter 19

Levi climbed into the back of the jeep as Stiles roared the engine to life. She smiled, but faltered as the radio crackled on.

"Unit Four, repeat. You're telling me there's a body in the woods?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying. There's a body in the woods..."

//.//

Levi smiled as she tucked the back of her jersey into her jean shorts. The soft and ripped baseball cap that was perched on her head sheltered the sun from her eyes as she clapped and yelled out across the lacrosse field. 

It had certainly been an exciting summer break, mainly filled with goodbyes as Stiles was the first of the pack to properly move away from the town as his pre-FBI course started earlier than everyone else' courses. Scott, Malia and Lydia were due to leave the town soon and Levi was preparing to find herself at the mercy of the younger members of the pack as they became the main protectors of Beacon Hills.

"Coach Hale!" Levi blinked as she snapped back to reality, a grin falling on to her face as she jogged over to the middle of the field where she had been called to. One of the newer members of the Beacon Hills High School lacrosse team was looking at her, having asked her a question about his form.

She smiled, borrowing the stick from him as she explained that his stance needed to be more relaxed as opposed to how tense he had been standing as the girl had appeared. The boy nodded, gladly taking the stick off her hands. As she turned to leave, she looked back at the boy.

"Nolan, right?" She queried and the quiet boy nodded, confirming that he was who she had thought he was. Levi nodded, a gentle smile on her face. "Welcome to the team."

She smacked Liam's helmet as she passed the beta, causing his eyes to flash yellow at her but he was sent straight back to normal as she flashed hers red once to remind him that she would easily take him. Levi knew that he was finding his break-up with Hayden hard, but she had tried to keep his mind off it by helping him work on his lacrosse skills with Mason.

"Pack meeting tonight?" He asked hopefully, trying to also fill his time with as much of the older pack members before they left. Levi sighed, shaking her head as she watched his face fall slightly.

"I'm taking Malia to the vet," Levi told the boy, watching as his frown turned from sad to fed up as she burst out laughing. He punched her shoulder, allowing the girl to laugh even harder as he turned around and stormed away from the younger coach.

As she walked towards Coach Finstock, she grinned before yelling out over her shoulder to him. "My loft at seven! Bring Mason!"

She laughed as she heard Liam mutter about how he was supposed to be the lesser mature wolf, but accept her invite anyway.

"HALE! GET HERE NOW!" Levi jogged forward as she ran closer to the coach that had yelled out for her. Her eyes narrowed as she slid to a stop next to him.

"Coach? I was already coming to you?" 

"Shut it Hale!" He yelled back, as Levi tried to hold in her laughter at his state. He passed her his spare whistle as she watched him for any indication as to why he had shouted her over in the middle of their practice.

"Coach?"

"It's McCall's last day as co-assisstant coach, so soon I'll be relying on you only," the Coach informed her, pointing to where the boy in question was fixing the zip on his new coach jacket. Levi grinned widely, seeing him look up to also grin at her.

"Ugh, you guys make me feel sick," Finstock snarled before shoving the clipboard into her hands and looking at the field before them.

Scott walked over to stand next to the other two coaches, pressing a soft kiss against Levi's lips as he joined them. She smiled, ignoring the fake retching noise Coach made as he witnessed their exchange. They all looked back out to the field as the game continued, Liam swooping in from nowhere and catching the ball before it was to hit Nolan.