chapter 3

He turned, his eyes connecting with hers suddenly. It was as if time literally stopped, for the look on his face that showed he actually recognised Levi was the only thing that would keep her sane in this hellhole. His eyes watered a bit at the same time as hers did.

"Levi?"

"Stiles?"

//.//

Levi released a breath she hadn't realised she had been holding as his voice broke the silence at the same time hers did.

Each other being able to remember the other caused a flurry of emotions in the teens, as Stiles started to move forward. Levi ran, throwing herself into her friends arms and allowing him to wrap them around his body tightly, scared that if she let go he would be gone and it would all have been a sick twisted dream.

He held her tightly too, nothing but pain flowing through him as he realised that Levi had been forgotten for almost five months now. He didn't understand how they had all just moved on without her, she had held them all together like glue. There had been a hole in their pack for a long time, and especially during Theo's reign and the dread doctors had it been noticeable.

"Oh thank god, oh my god," Levi muttered, tears now pooling out of her eyes and streaming onto Stiles' checkered shirt that he had been wearing when the ghost riders had snatched him from his jeep. His last words to Lydia rang in his head, finally being able to confess the true extent of his feelings to the girl he had loved for years.

"Please tell me everyone is safe," she continued, a sudden thought that had crossed her mind a couple of times in her own personal hell now speeding back into her mind. "Holy shit, please tell me Scott and Derek and Lydia and Malia and Cora -".

She was cut off by a soft chuckle from Stiles who was also crying at the reunion. "Everyone's alive."

Levi released a deep sigh, finally pulling back from Stiles - but still keeping her hands on his body, as if he would disappear if she let go - to study the boy closely. There was something different about him, but she couldn't quite figure out what had changed him.

"How did," she started but paused as she tried to find the words. "How did you remember me?"

Stiles shrugged, not sure why he had suddenly remembered her just as he was being forgotten. Of course, now he remembered her he could see all the missing signs and reminders of Levi that had existed since her disappearance.

"The main thing was your leather jacket that Derek bought you," he started to explain, thinking of the way Liam had held it up in the back of his jeep on the very night they had first met Theo - when it all started to go downhill.

Levi smiled slightly, remembering how he had tried for hours to stitch her initials into the jacket so that no one would ever take hers by accident. It meant so much to the siblings, a shared bond represented in one piece of clothing.

"We couldn't figure out who L.H was. There was a flicker of recognition but none of us knew anyone with the initials - that we could remember obviously - so we presumed it was meant to say L.M, as in Lydia, but we were never really confident about it," he extended, helping Levi to get a fuller picture of the whole thing.

"Then as everyone started to forget me, my memories of you just started to completely come back to me. It was so strange, like everything I had been through had been such a lie," He finished explaining how we remembered her, as she pulled him back in for another hug.