chapter 6

"It'll all be different, won't it?" Levi asked, Stiles turning his head to look the alpha in the eye.

"Everything will be different." He confirmed, pulling her closer into his side in comfort.

Little did they both know, on the other side of the dimension, right across the wall, Lydia had also rested her back against it, crying for the friends she could barely remember - but at least knew they were missing now.

//.//

Stiles looked at Levi, lightly nudging her awake. He was fed up of waiting around to hope someone would come rescue them. If anything, he just wanted to find out exactly where they were.

"Excuse me. Sorry, where are we?" He approached one of the people in the trance like state, Levi rolling her eyes as she hadn't actually thought they would respond to the boy's question. She jumped slightly as the woman turned to look at the teens, scoffing at how silly she thought their question sounded.

"We're at the train station," the doctor answered.

"Right. Okay. Helpful. Which train station exactly?"

"Train station number 137." Levi groaned, not knowing how that was in any shape or form helpful to them in their plan to escape from the ghost riders.

"Did you see us come in?" Stiles asked, Levi suddenly piping an interest in her answer.

"No."

"How long have you been here?" Levi butted in, confused as to why she had never seen any of the extra people be brought into the station by the ghost riders.

"Maybe an hour?" She pondered before being interrupted by the businessman sitting beside her.

"We got here at the same time. It's been at least six hours."

"Six hours? Where are you going?" Stiles blurted out, confused as to why they were waiting that long for a train.

"Uh, uh... I had a ticket with me somewhere," the guy said, frantically searching through his pockets.

"You always travel in your work clothes?" Levi asked, being able to smell the faint scent of paper and spilled ink from the office he worked in.

"I must have been in a rush."

"Do you know if anyone works here?" Stiles begged, his breathing starting to become a bit more frantic as the reality of the situation he and Levi were trapped in becoming more and more serious with every second they conversed with the other trapped people.

Before anyone could answer, a crackle of sound echoed throughout the station, causing Stiles and Levi's heads to shoot up as they tried to identify the source of the sound.

"The following stops have been canceled, Hollatine, Batten, Bay Burry, Deer Ridge, Red Oak..."

"Excuse me, where are those trains going?"

"...Trenton, Anderson, King Springs," the voice droned on, clearly oblivious to Stiles' continuing questions to the guests around the station.

"Excuse me, do you know what train this is? Does anyone know where this train's going? Excuse me, do you know what train this is? Do you know where this train's going?" Stiles and Levi threw questions at all of the people as they began to stand up and walk towards the departure board - almost as if a train was actually arriving for them all.

They all gathered around the entrance to the train tunnel, as if they were waiting for something to happen to them.

Levi's hearing picked up on the horses neighs and stomps before Stiles or the rest of the room did. She grabbed on to the boys arm, tugging him backwards and away from the tunnel entrance. It was just as well she did, because seconds later the ghost riders came galloping down the tunnel towards them all.