chapter 5

Why are we talking about Levi jeans? What the hell is a Stiles?" Lydia asked, her head snapping up to face her best friends and Deaton as they all stared at the scribbled handwriting that was scratched on to the sheet of paper.

They all stared at each other as they thought about the two words that were on the paper.

Levi and Stiles.

//.//

She missed the memories of him. Scott was the only thing keeping her sane in the hellhole she was residing in.

All that had kept her going was the flashbacks.

The one where she had the first indications of everything between them changing:

She watched as he shook his head and sat down in the seat beside her, placing his books down and swinging his bag off his shoulders. As he clumsily got his things out, he knocked a pen off the side of his table. Levi, who had been watching his frantic behaviour, noticed this and with her reflexes she caught it before it smacked into the ground.

As she passed him back the pen and he thanked her, their fingers brushed for a moment. It was strange, considering they had been friends for almost a year now and they had touched each other many times, whether it was a simple tug of a shirt or a reassuring touch on the arm, but it had never felt like this.

Their eyes both flashed red for the briefest of moments, and both of their hearts missed a beat. They quickly sprung their hands apart like they had been burned and without saying another word, they turned to face the front of the class.

The one where Melissa was the first one to really call her out on her changing feelings:

"Something's changed between you and Scott, huh?" Melissa joked, being able to see they had started to see each other in a new light. She understood the looks they had been giving each other even if they didn't themselves.

"I don't know what it is," the alpha admitted, watching with Melissa as other nurses helped Liam into the small room he would be staying in until an x-ray room became free. "Ever since Kate took me, somethings different," she continued, furrowing her eyebrows.

The one where she realised he was her new anchor not her bracelet after Aiden's death and Ethan's departure:

"Focus on that. A string holding you down." He spoke, proud of himself. Levi looked at it carefully before she concentrated on it and she could feel herself becoming more in control. She laughed as she felt her eyes fade and Scott joined in. They hugged again before they heard the bell break the duo's laughter.

They left the storage room, glad that no-one seemed to notice. Stiles and Lydia noticed though, spotting the alphas leaving almost immediatley, with the grins plastered across their faces. The two problem solvers looked at each other and smirked, thinking Levi and Scott had finally acted on their slight growing feelings.

As Levi said goodbye to Scott as she walked into her homeroom, she sat down at the back with a smile on her face. And in one single moment, she understood why the bracelet had calmed her.

The bracelet wasn't her new anchor.

Scott was.