chapter 28

She could see the tears streaming down her pack's faces as she turned back around to look at them for the last time.

"I love you," she called out to Scott, knowing that the boy was going to be hurting over this for a while. She knew that there was nothing else that she could have done. Levi turned, climbing into the van and allowing the FBI driver to attach her handcuffs to the inside wall of the van.

She had one last look at the rest of the pack before the door was slammed shut, leaving her in darkness. Levi closed her eyes for a second, knowing that if she at least managed to save one life of her pack, it would all be worth it.

//.//

Levi rested her head against the metal bars that separated her from Jiang and Tierney. She wasn't sure why she had been separated from the omegas, but she didn't question the motives of the FBI agents that were driving them far out of Beacon Hills. It was for their safety, the packs safety and all of Beacon Hills safety - or that's what they had been told anyway.

Closing her eyes, Levi tuned out of Jiyang and Tierney's conversation. Focusing on the soft music that the radio from the front of the armoured truck was playing, she found herself craving the comfort of her pack. She couldn't help but feel guilty for having caused all of this - if it hadn't been for the alpha pack then the nemetron probably never would have been activated. She and Scott wouldn't have accidentally turned Liam, Malia wouldn't have been forced to return to a life she never wanted, Stiles wouldn't have gotten possessed by the Nogistune. Maybe Agent McCall had been right, Beacon Hills was safer without her.

The van took a left, slowing down as it began to pull up. Jiyang looked over at Levi before holding Tierney's hand and smiling softly.

"We're there," the omega told them both, knowing that whatever prosecution they were going to face by the FBI was certainly going to be more humane and legal than what Monroe and the rest of Gerard's goons had been planning on doing. As the two omegas grinned at each other, Levi furrowed her eyebrows as a strange feeling set into her chest. Sniffing the air once, her eyes widened as she looked at the two younger wolves.

"Wolfsbane," she snarled, causing the two to turn and face her instantly. Just before either could open their mouths, the doors of the van slammed open. Levi yelled out as bullets rained straight for Jiyang and Tierney, the purple smoke flowing from their wounds as they took their last breaths on the ground of the van.

Slamming her fists against the metal bars, Levi roared and flashed her eyes as she shifted. The hunters who had secretly been undercover as the FBI agents smirked slightly, their guns trailed on her as she snarled and slammed at the bars furiously like a caged animal.

"When I get out of here I'm going to rip your throats out with my teeth," Levi snarled, the familiar Hale trademark falling from her lips as she felt the bars creak under her hands. The hunters smirks fell from their faces as they watched the bars clutter to the ground. Moving backwards, they stumbled away from the van as Levi barged out, her claws out and her teeth snarling loudly.

Just as she went to lunge forward, she felt a sharp pain in her neck. Stumbling, she raised her hand to snatch at the syringe that had embedded itself into her neck. Clutching at her throat, the girl crumbled to her knees as she smacked the concrete ground beneath her.

Gasping for breath, Levi heaved as a heavy foot kicked her over and on to her side. Her eyes noticed the thick, rubber combat boots that were resting beside her face and she could do nothing but watch as their owner crouched down beside her. She snarled, but felt her jaw begin to go slack as his rough hands grabbed her jaw and opened it wide for the other hunters to see the thick claws that lined her teeth.