chapter 31

"They're coming, Monroe and more!" Peter rushed out, knowing that something really wasn't about to go well. Just as the words left his lips, Levi heard the loud screeching of car tyres and guns being loaded from just behind them. "And they have heavy firepower."

"They aren't just coming," the girl warned lowly, flicking her claws out as her canines grew and eyes turned red. "They've arrived."

As Monroe slowly stepped down from the front seat of her jeep, Levi tensed up as she felt all the anger she had been holding in rush over her. Letting out a loud roar Levi charged forward, ignoring the shouts from her friends behind her.

//.//

It all happened so quickly. Just as the wolfsbane laced bullet from Monroe's gun launched straight for Levi, the girl found herself slamming to the ground and groaning in pain.

But it wasn't from a bullet wound, no, she hadn't even been hit. Looking up from the ground, Levi watched as Deucalion stumbled backwards from where he had pushed her out of the way of the bullet and therefore taken it himself. Levi hadn't realised she was yelling out for him until she was beside him, her hands pressing deep against his wound while Scott and Malia yelled at the two of them to get out the paths of the hunters. She dragged his body across the ground, barely missing bullets as she propped him against the back of the crate that Lydia was hiding at.

Allowing Scott to tug her into his chest from the pillar he was hiding behind, Levi closed her eyes tightly as she realised that Lydia was going to be right about them standing no chance. They stood no chance against the sheer bullets and weapons that Gerard was distributing and without their whole pack being together, Levi knew this could be the end of everything.

A sudden click, closer than the rest made her look up from where her head was tucked into Scott. Facing them from the side was one of the hunters, a look of complete hatred on his face as he turned his gun to aim at the two alphas.

Levi didn't have the chance to do anything before she watched the man go flying backwards through the air and landing at Monroe's feet. The bullets stopped as the hunters stopped, letting Levi peer out from where she stood to see exactly what she thought she had just seen.

The blue jeep that she had last seen at the McCall house was stuttering and roaring as the engine shut off, a familiar face sticking his heads out of the car as he shared grins with the rest of the pack that was present. Levi felt a massive smile of relief spread across her lips as she noticed the boy and his stupid plaid shirt waving at them from the driver's seat.

"Didn't think you're doing this without me, did you?"

Just before Levi and Scott could do anything but let out a short laugh of delight, another familiar face appeared from the other side of the car. Standing so they could see his face over the hood of the car, Levi felt nothing but pride and happiness fall into place in her body.

"Without us?" Derek smirked at his little sister as she wooped at his arrival. Levi felt herself almost feel stronger at the sight of her brother, never having really needed to see him as much as she did in that moment.

Derek launched himself towards the hunters, only for Monroe and her goons to jump in their vans and drive away once they realised that their faces of taking down the older pack members had just shrunk massively.

"Can't believe you didn't tell me about any of this. Not a word. Not a single word," Stiles hissed to Lydia as the two walked toward where Levi and Scott were crouched down in front of Deucalion.

"We had reasons. Really good reasons."

Levi ignored them as she clutched on tightly to Deucalion, taking his pain. Scott watched her with a proud look in his eyes as he realised that no matter what her past had been with the man, she was willing to rise above it and make this as comfortable for him as she chould.