chapter 21

"Hey, Scott. So, I'm here. I'm in Quantico, Virginia, at the FBI. I'm at the freaking FBI. It's real. I'm really here. Uh, I kind of told Lydia that I miss her and I can't wait to get home, but listen, Scott, whatever you're doing right now, just make sure you're still getting out of Beacon Hills. I mean, maybe you think you can't leave, you know, like, the whole thing falls apart if you're not there. Which I get, but you have to. Levi will still be there when you come back, she'll keep your mom safe. I know you're supposed to drive out tonight, so if you don't call me back, just promise me you're actually going. Just get in the jeep and go."

Levi smiled, for once, someone was going to get everything they deserved, and she couldn't be happier for Stiles.

//.//

"We can still catch him," Malia said, watching as Scott stared deeply into the forest. Levi furrowed her eyebrows as she moved closer to her boyfriend, confused at the look that was on his face.

"Catch who?" He asked, spinning around to face the three girls. Levi placed a soft hand on his arm, confused as to who else they could possibly be talking about. She could hear his heartbeat slightly elevated more than usual, and she wondered if the thought of hunters was taking him back to before they had met.

"The killer?" Malia questioned, confused on why Scott wasn't on the same wavelength as her and Levi. "What are you thinking about?"

"Getting the bullet to Argent," Scott said, lifting the symbolised shell fragment into the air in front of him. He dropped the shell into Levi's outstretched hand, letting her pass it through her fingers as she examined it. She knew the argent mark well, something that Deucalion had taught them long before they even arrived to Beacon Hills.

"Even if he's the one who fired it?" Malia continued to quesiton, not sure if the idea was a decent one. If Argent had just killed a Hellhound, what was to say that he wasn't finally blaming them for all the death and pain that had surrounded him since he and his now dead family first moved to Beacon Hills.

"Especially if he's the one," Scott said, moving away before abruptly stopping. Levi craned her neck, paranoia settling into her skin as she took in the increased beat of his heart. "Do you hear that?"

"Heartbeats?" Levi muttered, moving to stand next to Scott. She lightly grabbed on to his hand, hoping that the contact would reduce the thumping of his heart. Malia nodded at their concerns, having heard the faint noises too.

"A lot of them. They're here!" Scott breathed heavily, his eyes glazing slightly as he stared frantically over Levi's shoulder. The girl spun around to see who he was looking at, but there was nothing there at all.

"Who? " Lydia asked, turning around as she too tried to decide what Scott was seeing and hearing.

Scott turned back to face them all, a panicked look spreading across his face as his muscles tensed up. He didn't even stop to think about why he was the only one that was seeing the red lasers from the hunters guns, but he knew there wasn't time for chilling around.

"Hunters. Run!"

The alpha took off into the woods without any warning. Levi, Malia and Lydia all shared freaked out looks as they took off in the direction he had ran in. Whatever was happening to him obviously wasn't something that was going to work out well for them, since nothing in this god forsaken town was ever simple.

Levi and the others caught up with the boy just in time to see him tackle the Sheriff to the ground. Levi gasped, running over and pushing Scott gently off of the man. He nodded in thanks at Levi as he turned to look at the alpha who was still fully shifted. Not only was he fully shifted, but there was also a dozen or so deputies with their torches and guns pointed directly in his face.