chapter 1

Tristana's POV

As I walk down my long narrow driveway on my way to check the mail I begin to think.

We've lived in Eureka Springs, Arkansas for about five years now. We moved here from Arizona because my dads job moved him.

For the most part I like it here, I've made several friends at church and most of them go to school with me. And besides that the town is beautiful, there are mountains, and rivers, and cute little shops, and places to eat, and walk. I love it.

And I love my family. My twin brother Tristan and I get along surprisingly well considering most siblings fight over everything. And me and my younger sister Layla get along most of the time...

But then there's Jackson he's only 3 and I love him to death. but sometimes the poor kids screaming fits drive me crazy!

Then there's mom. Me and her get along most of the time. We actually have a verry unique relationship. We don't agree on anything at all. But we always find a way to laugh about it. Even if it ends in me and her fighting in the kitchen with spatulas.

Then of course theres dad.... Me and him disagree on everything, and we argue over everything. But things never end the same way they end between me and mom.

When me and dad argue we both know the other isn't listening, and we both know that its just gonna be another long pointless argument.

I used to try listening to dad, but no matter how hard I tried making him happy I always ended up doing something wrong. I would wear decent clothes, but dad always found something in my outfit to fuss about.

You see my family is very strict when it comes to modesty, and things we watch, and listen to. A lot stricter than most people. Actually my family is stricter than most of my friends. All of that is fine with me. I make sure my clothes are modest and not to blingy, or clingy, or short. And the only thing I ever watch is music videos on YouTube. And the only music I really listen to is christian contemporary and the stuff we sing at church.

But dad always finds something wrong with what I'm doing, and now its gotten to the point where I don't really even talk to him.

Here's how my day goes

1. Wake up

2. Workout

3. Eat

4.clean

5.read, listen to music, eat more, etc.

6.dad gets home I go to my room

7. I come out of my room and eat then go straight back to my room and try to stick to small talk with no details

8. Go back to my room and stay there for the rest of the night

I really wish I could talk to my dad more. Like we used to. I hung out with him all the time. But thats the part about Eureka Springs that I don't like. Every since we moved here hes been so different. And I'm never good enough.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of dads red truck following me back up the drive way. I guess its later than I thought since he's already home. He stops and asks me if I want to ride with him up to the house. I would have declined but my legs are really starting to hurt so I jump in.

The ride is pretty quite besides dads music playing. I honestly don't know who this poor guy is but he needs to get some of those voice lessons from Chad Graham.

But I decided not to say anything about it to dad. I don't really feel like arguing about how the people he listens to can't sing or play any instruments. And listening to him explain to me why my music is of the world, and about them sounding just like justin beiber and miley Cyrus.

So I keep my mouth shut until we finally come to a stop in the garage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey y'all thanks for reading comment and let me know what you think, and if you liked it maybe you could give me a vote.

LOVE Y'ALL! !!