chapter 25

TRISTANA'S POV

"Tristana!"

I look up to see Payton running towards me.

I smile."What's up?"

"I told you his name was Michael!" He says while grinning.

"Whatever! You said Mathew!" I say while playfully slapping his arm.

"Ouch!" He rubs his arm. "No way! I Said Michael."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever."

He grins as me and him walk across the field towards the church kitchen. "Did you ever finish your homework?"

My eyes widen. "No."

He laughs. "Well if I were you I would have finished it."

"Trust me you wouldn't have." I say as my stomach growls. "I'm starving."

Payton starts grinning and gives me this super evil looking smile."

"What?" I ask while grabbing the handle to the door.

He grabs my hand and pulls it back. "I've got an idea."

I smile. "That's scary. What kind?"

He laughs. "lets sneak through the window over the sink in the back. There's a stack of strawberry icing in the cabnet."

My eyes get wide. "You're crazy how am I supposed to get through a window in a skirt?"

"There's a stack of crates back there" he says as his evil grin grows.

"And how do you know it's all still there?" I question.

"Do you have to ask so many questions?" he says while laughing.

"How?" I ask sternly.

He grins "Well I put the crates back there, and while I was doing it I overheard my mom through the open window complaining about the icing being in her way while she was cooking."

"Is the window still open?" I question.

"No, but they never lock it. It will be easy to slide open. Now let's go before they decide to use the icing. I'm hungry and that line to the food is getting long." He complains.

I laugh. "Fine, but if we get caught I'm gonna kill you."

He grins. "No you won't."

"I might. Now let's go before I change my mind." I say as I start walking away.

"Slow down." Payton says while jogging next to me.

" I'm not running slowpoke, I'm walking just as slow as I usually do." I tease.

"No you're not." He says while grabbing my arm. " You're practically running. Are you seriously that hungry?"

Laughing I turn around "No, I just want to get to that icing."

Payton rolls his eyes, then reaches over to grab my hand. "You have a lot more energy than usual. I'm not so sure if you need all that extra suger from the icing." He says while laughing.

"I'm pretty sure I need it." I say while smiling.

Payton laughs. "Whatever. Okay, the crates are next to the building. I'll stack them up and climb through the window, and you watch and make sure no one comes this way."

I slowly nod my head."Okay, what if someone starts coming over?"

"Umm... act natural, and let me know." He answers in a small, weak voice.