chapter 20

TRISTANA'S POV

*ding*dong*

I run downstairs to answer the door. It's Payton. Late for his own party. Only our group of friends showed up, but he's still late.

I open the door. "Your late."

He smiles while holding up four boxes of Pappa Johns pizza. "Yea I know."

We both laugh, and start to run upstairs when my mom calls from the kitchen" Tristana, Payton, no running."

"Yes ma'am." We both call back.

"Six inch rule!" Layla yells from the living room.

"Yes ma'am." Payton yells back.

I roll my eyes , and start running upstairs with Payton following behind me.

When we get to the attic everyone is either on the couch, or piled onto the recliners. With either coke, mountain dew, tea, or water in there cups. They all look up when we walk in and start cheering.

"Whoooh! PIZZA!!!" Martin yells.

"PIZZA, PIZZA, PIZZA" Mikey, Ryder. Tristan, and Eathan chant.

"Ladies first." Ashlynn reminds the guys.

"Which is exactly why I'm about to go first." Paris says while pushing Ashlynn back onto the couch.

Payton turns white as a stampede of people run towards him."Aughhhhhh! Tristana, help!"

I giggle. "Alright guys ladies first, youngest to oldest, single file line."

Arabella laughs "I'm so glad I'm a girl."

"Your also the youngest girl." Ashlynn mumbles under her breath.

Several minutes later we are all piled back onto the couch and recliners, watching Mikey, and Martin play the Mario Cart.

"Tristana, what time did mom say everyone had to be gone?" Tristan asks me.

I yawn "ten."

He looks up at the clock. "It's seven."

We sit there for another hour before I start dozing off. For some people video games may wake them up, but for me video games put me to sleep.

*Paytons POV*

I watch Mikey beat Martin over and over again until it starts getting boring. I look over at Tristana to ask if she wants to go play a bored game, and see her sitting asleep with her head laying over on my shoulder. I never even noticed it until now.

Eathan, and Ryder both start snickering over in the corner. They are so immature.

I look up at the clock. 9:48. "Tristan."

He looks up from a ping pong game with Paris. "Yea?"

I gesture towards Tristana. "It's almost ten."

"He looks down at her. "Just wake her up, she'll get over it."

I look down at her. "Tristana, it's almost ten I've got to go."

she yawns, and rolls over.

Okay well that works to I guess. I think to myself.

*Tristana's POV*

I wake up in the attic. No one is here. Its 11:18. The pizza boxes are all in the trash can, with the pop bottles, and cups. I get up and go down stairs to my room. When I get there I notice a small piece of paper laying on the bed. I pick it up and read.

Goodnight I love you. See ya in the morning.Love
Payton.

I smile to myself. He's so sweet.

I slide open my dresser drawer and set the note inside. Then I climb into bed.

God thank-you for being so amazing. Thank-you for helping me through the hard times. Thank-you for loveing me. Thank-you for being here for me. Thank-you for amazing friends. Thank-you for an amazing family.

I start to cry. Not sad tears, but happy tears, Which made me cry even harder.

Thank-you God. I couldn't have made it through without you. Amen.