4: Dreams Left Waiting

Reich glanced at the door tiredly, as he did not have a good sleep last night.

He was stuck up, awake and afraid of his mother telling Weimar that he had gone out. Though he was also a little annoyed, at this Soviet of course. Such a stupid name for an even stupider man.

The German grumbled as he sat, unsure what to start his day with, or when he would leave again. Though his mother hadn't woken up yet, he was sure he would soon.

Weimar was outside, doing who knows what before he would leave for the day.

After a few boring minutes passed, Reich eventually decided to peek his head outside of the house. He did so slowly, and made sure to grab a bundle of clothes before he did.

Perhaps he could pretend to start the laundry early, why wake his mother up when he needed his sleep. And if Weimar saw him out there he would have an excuse.

Reich nodded to himself as he quietly walked over to the door, though he had no real intentions of doing the laundry, he surely didn't want to be seen by Weimar with no excuse as to why he was outside.

But he didn't have to worry about that, as by the time he went out there, Weimar had already left.

Reich was relieved by that, and nearly dropped the bundle of laundry he was holding when he noticed, as he wasn't going to take it with him to meet Soviet again.

Though the German grew quite concerned for his mother for a second, as he didn't want to leave him here alone.

But he was asleep still, Reich grumbled to himself as he sat the clothes down outside of the home, and began making his way towards the forest again. His mama would be fine, and so would he, and Weimar.

Reich nearly got lost a couple of times on his walk, but eventually he reached the empty field again, but alas there was no Soviet in sight yet.

It was still early in the morning, though the fog had disappeared by now.

Reich ended up looking around the woods a bit while he waited for Soviet. There were, of course, trees, mushrooms, and a multitude of mixed flowers around the place.

He hadn't seen many animals around here, though he was quite close to the center of the village, so surely this area had been used as hunting grounds at some point.

After almost an hour of nothing and still no Soviet, Reich eventually found himself sitting by the same tree he was at yesterday. Though today he was weaving a flower crown in his hands, as he had plucked some of the flowers that he had found.

The German wasn't sure how much longer he could or would wait for the Russian, but eventually the strange man did show up, on his horse, like the day before.

"You're really here?" The Russian smiled at the German as he got off of his horse. "I wasn't expecting that really." He mumbled to himself quietly.

"Yeah?" Reich looked at the Russian with quite a bored look on his face.

"You told me to."

Soviet hummed and nodded, as he guided his trusty steed off to a tree branch to he could tie him there.

"How long have you been waiting here for?" The Russian questioned as he sat down to join the German.

"Too long." Reich grumbled lowly as he continued to weave his flower crown, perhaps poking a flower through the weaves a bit too forcefully.

Soviet watched him do so, staring at the messy crown as he did. "Goodness, who taught you to weave, that thing sucks."

"Oh shut it!" Reich glared at him angrily. He wasn't great at making crowns, and he barely remembered how he did them when he was younger.