11: Frozen Touch

Reich hummed to himself softly as he walked down some pretty halls.

Spring was coming soon and Reich was truly excited for it. Winter sucked honestly, and it didn't help that the German didn't have anyone to help keep him warm at night.

But besides him missing that certain person, Reich did have his children, which he adored greatly.

Russia was such a bright child, truly an intelligent boy who would grow up to do great things. He adored his father and his strong marks on the world, even if some of them weren't good ones.

Ukraine trailed behind his brother typically. But had started to enjoy his own things. He liked being alone now more than anything, but took the time to hang out with his brother when he asked him too.

Belarus was too young to even understand the world yet. Such an adorable little baby. She was only a couple months old now, and Reich could barely believe that.

Still, the German was very thankful for all of his little ones. Though Soviet wasn't really satisfied with it.

Reich had pushed him off, persistent in saying no while the other was persistent in saying yes. He wasn't sure if he could handle another baby at the moment, not when his delivery with Belarus had been so terrible. Truly very terrible.

Soviet had tried to understand him, but couldn't really, as he had been a bit late to it.

Reich tried to push the memory aside so he could focus on some other things. He didn't like thinking about it.

His husband wasn't too far away from him now, in fact he would be returning home soon for a couple of months. Finally a couple of months of rest and peace.

Currently he was off somewhere else in the country, handling some business. At least he wasn't overseas this time.

Reich nodded to himself silently. At least he wasn't.

It was more obvious now that Soviet would thankfully be returning soon. As more of his writers, servants, and such were returning to their palace day after day.

It was kinda strange to see so many people showing up at their gates to start settling in and to start work here.

Reich wasn't truly aware of how many people Soviet had been working with. But it was a lot more than he had thought.

The German had been in charge of making sure that the palace got polished and clean. To make sure the garden was being done and that things were being worked on. More of the building's management really.

Soviet, on the other hand, had been doing a completely different kind of work that didn't involve the Reich at all.

The German sighed sharply, eventually finding himself down some deep corridor. He had walked too far it seemed, as he was so lost in his mind.

He didn't like having all these new guests in his home. They stressed him out, having to see so many strangers near him and his children.

He grumbled and turned around, stumbling on his feet a bit as he walked.

Truly he was looking forward to his next doctor's appointment. He still didn't feel right, even if he had had Belarus a couple of months ago.

Speaking of the baby, she was being handled by some maids at the moment. Reich was sure of it. She slept a lot, and though Reich spent most of his day with his kids, he needed a few reasonable breaks sometimes. Having someone to help him with them was truly a blessing.

He was trying to find the library currently, to perhaps pick out a new book to read. But at the moment, his mind felt a bit buzzed.

His lower abdomen was starting to hurt him terribly. A scratching pain that was stabbing him from the inside.