28: Desirable Blue

Like any other day for Germany he was sneaking out of the house, running down to Denmark's bar and chatting there for the rest of the night.

The German was smiling as he stared at his book, writing some things down in it as he said goodbye to one of Denmark's lovely customers.

Once Germany seemed pleased with what he had written he ran back to the bar's counter and sat in his designated seat. He continued to write some things down as Denmark noticed him.

"Who'd you talk to today?" The Dane glanced at the German as he washed a cup in his hands with a rag.

"A carpenter." Germany hummed and glanced at Denmark with his big blue eyes. "He said he may bring me something he's made to look at!"

"Really now? Lucky you-"

"I know-!" Germany cut the other off, as he went on babbling about how excited he was. Thrilled really to be meeting so many new people from so many different backgrounds.

Yet suddenly someone caught Germany's eye, and he paused, looking back into a corner seeing that one country Denmark had told him to stay away from.

"Finland!" The German sat up in his chair, waving at the other. He was very interested in talking to him, but when Denmark heard that name his head shot up and he glared at the tall country.

"Little German." Finland was suddenly next to Germany, and the young man began flipping through his book quickly.

"I have so many things to ask you about-" Germany's eyes seemed to sparkle, but Denmark was there before anyone could say another word.

With a scolding he yelled at Finland to get the hell out of his bar, and to of course leave the German alone.

Though even when Germany tried to tell the Dane that it was okay, he was ignored, and simply had to sit there and watch as Finland was pushed out the door.

Yet the tall country seemed to be staring at him, watching the German almost like a hawk.

Well, it was a good thing they were closing soon. No one needed to see that. Really no one needed to see that.

Norway glanced from the back door, making eye contact with Denmark as a confused look hit his face. All this yelling for what? For one dumb man? It was pretty ridiculous to him.

The Dane rolled his eyes and glanced back at Germany, seeing him staring at his book intently. His eyes lowered as he felt a bit embarrassed.

A while passed and the hour ticked. Denmark didn't want to be that kind of person. But he was feeling a bit frustrated now, and instead of questioning Germany about why he would even think about talking to Finland, he just shushed the boy off, encouraging him to get home before it was dark.

"Hey Germs.. uh, I think it's time for you to get going now." The Dane stared at the German, who looked up at him, listening intently.

"Well yeah, you're right." Germany spoke tiredly, and moved his book into his bag slowly.

"And uh, sorry about that. Just stay away from him okay?" Germany looked back and nodded with a small smile, getting his things and a little to go back with some food.

The two chatted for a bit longer before the young German left through the back door like always.

But he wasn't going straight home today.

It was indeed getting quite late, yet that didn't stop the German from venturing out into the village a bit, looking around for that Finn as he passed more guards then he had ever seen in his entire life.