23: A Filthy Man

Days had passed and Soviet wasn't helping his case.

Reich had spotted, multiple times even, Moscow touching or practically caressing his husband.

Reich didn't like it. He didn't like it at all.

No matter how much of a stink eye he gave to the women she would just continue to do so! And Soviet wasn't saying a word about it.

Reich also didn't like how the two would suddenly disappear throughout the day. Reich would literally be talking to Soviet and suddenly when Moscow shows up he's gone.

It was making the German upset reasonably, and he was tired of it.

Though Reich knew better than to boss the Soviet around, he had a reasonable reason to do so.

He didn't like how much they were drifting apart. He didn't like how much this Moscow lady was separating them.

How could Soviet not see this? It was so damn obvious.

Reich was tired of going to bed alone. He didn't wait for Soviet to show up anymore. He just hoped that the Russian would be there in the morning.

The German's emotions were already in a spiral thanks to his little Kazakhstan. He still didn't know how to spell their name.

But the baby wasn't being too kind to him, it of course was unintentional as they weren't even born yet.

But that didn't help the kicking, or the cravings, or the horrible cramps that would ripple through his body randomly throughout the day.

It was scaring him.

It reminded him of Belarus. He knew he needed more time to recover after having her but Soviet was such a damn snake.

Reich was honestly ready to never have 'fun' adult time with him again. He was not going to have another painful and near death experience because Soviet couldn't control himself.

Though he knew that was the best and most responsible decision for himself, it also hurt his heart as he knew Soviet's words would end up true.

There would be no other Germans in this palace. The Reich wouldn't get to name even one of his children.

For about a minute of work from the Soviet and with about nine months of work from the Reich, it really didn't seem fair.

But Reich knew better than to complain, right?

The German was biting his bottom lip harshly as he sat alone in some small seating area. Which was usually used for guests, but none of the guests were there.

Soviet's close family, distant family, direct family, and whatever other family had been popping in and out of the palace's walls all week.

Reich had heard enough of Soviet's complaints about all the things they had to discuss with him.

He had yapped about it enough during dinner for Reich to know that the Russian Empire would be here today, which was why Reich was out of his room.

The German was deadly afraid of encountering the old Russian's watchful eye. Critiques and braiding comments were the only things he had to say to the German.

Reich had spent an unfortunate amount of time with the man when he first married Soviet. It was never pleasant to speak with the man, and the experience nearly left him crying when it was finally over.

The old Russian was there when Russia was born. That seemed to be the only moment when perhaps he was a little proud, or actually pleased with the German.