6: Forget Me Not

Weimar kicked the dirt a bit as he walked over it. He was exhausted, and ready for some sleep.

He had been walking all day, and it would take him about an hour to walk home.

He was very tired, after a long day of mingling with people and running around the town. He had been busy at work.

Besides his plans to marry his brother off, he really didn't have much else to do. The German had given up on everything else. His only hope seemed to be his brother, he needed to find someone who would pay him a great amount of money for the other, then he could start a new life elsewhere.

Unfortunately his land was too dead to ever grow anything, food was dangerously scarce. But today, Weimar was able to smuggle some bread, so he at least had something to bring home to his mama.

He had one month left before he could get rid of Reich, and though that sounded harsh, it was the truth. Just one more month of waiting, yet only one month left for searching.

Weimar was looking for a good deal, he could go from poverty to at least a meal every night. He could always get a better deal, that's what he told himself.

He was practically a businessman, looking for the best buyer for his only product. He had gotten some decent offers, but none that struck gold. Weimar was trying, he was really trying to find something great for himself:

If he could get Reich to come with him, perhaps he would do better, but he didn't want Reich out in the world. Who knows what could happen to him, who knows if someone would kidnap him. That would suck, Weimar would lose his only product and get nothing for it.

The German walked on, sure that he was getting closer to his shack. Though his mind kept on thinking.

What was he to do about their mutter? That was a tricky question, who knows if he'll even make it to Reich's wedding.

Sometimes he seemed fine, and other times he couldn't even speak. It wasn't a good life to live, though none of them could live a good life. A nursing home would do better, but where would Weimar even find one, or the money to send him there?

Your parents lived with you until they died typically, but Weimar wasn't sure if he could take care of his mutter once Reich left. He simply wouldn't have the time or ability to do so.

His mother would simply have to stick around with him, unfortunately he wouldn't have Reich to keep him company anymore, but that's just how it was going to be.

The German sighed deeply as he could finally see his little land come into view.

There was that sad excuse for a building, and there was someone standing outside of it.

"Reich?" Weimar said aloud, looking very confused. He paused, what the hell was he doing outside?

"Weimar." Reich watched as the other German moved closer to him, he was frozen for a second, as he glanced down at the laundry in his hands, thank goodness he put it outside before he left. "I was just finishing the laundry."

His laugh was dry, and ended quickly, as Weimar still seemed very mad at him. And very suspicious. "Where's mutter? He's supposed to be out here with you."

"Oh, yeah he was just out here." The younger German looked towards the door of the shack, "He just went back inside."

"Just now?"

Reich glanced back at the other, "Yeah.."

Weimar did not look very amused with the other German, he huffed before he spoke. "Back inside, now. You can't come out here without mutter, you aren't allowed outside without someone watching you."