104-107

104. Chapter 104 About me and poor Dr. Mori...

"Manager Himeno, your behavior is... really unexpected."

The sharp surgical knife in his hand was about to come out the next moment, but the black curly hair The boy's movements were so swift that when Mori Ogai looked at Alice being pulled back from the opening of the machine's funnel by Shinji Himeno, he couldn't think of what to say for a moment.

What a... incomprehensible freak.

As a supernatural being, Alice was also obviously stunned. She had been set up in the personification mode by Ogai Mori, and even though she would fight with all her strength for her master, when the subject of the supernatural power had not yet been fatally threatened, her There is much less initiative.

After realizing that Shinji Himeno was so powerful that she could not resist now, Alice followed his master and wisely gave up struggling, secretly accumulating strength in an attempt to win with one blow.

Cautious, meticulous and adaptable.

These talents helped Mori Ogai become the leader of the immortal soldier plan, help him survive the meat grinder-like battlefield, help him become a black doctor, lurk around the leader of the port mafia, and wait for opportunities to seize power to complete his mission. ambition.

But these beautiful qualities are often only useful to those who have desires and normal logical thinking that Mori Ogai can figure out.

Seemingly unable to hear the caution and innuendo in Mori Ogai's tone, Himeno Shinji carefully placed Alice, who had just survived the shattering crisis, on the high platform next to the machine, and looked at the girl's eyes with her hair straight up. Full of pity:

"Did Dr. Sen mistakenly think that I would do something dangerous to little Alice? That would be an injustice to me. Although little Alice is a life form with supernatural powers, I am not a pervert. , how could you be so offensive to such a cute child?"

After saying that, he happened to pin Alice's sideburns, which had become raised due to the sudden shortening, behind the girl's fragile ears, and looked at Mori Ogai with a surprised and confused look. If those sad eyes turned into a movie and asked Mori Ogai to write a review, he would probably be able to write clearly "three parts fragile, three parts anxious, and four parts misunderstood loss and melancholy"

Mori Ogai: Just... still Quite shameless.

Whether it was the attack that lured Alice to appear, or the way he pressed little Alice against the machine like a thug, Himeno Shinji showed a coldness and toughness that was completely different from his soft and slightly curly black hair.

That murderous intention was real and strong.

Even now, the two of them seem to have restored peace, but Mori Ogai has no doubt that the madman will suddenly rise up in the next moment and throw poor little Alice-chan into the machine to decompose it. experiment.

Yes, through Shinji Himeno's description, Mori Ogai finally figured out the function of this huge machine with complex structure - to analyze the energy of supernatural powers.

Superpower energy seems to be nonsense like fantasy to many wild superpower users, but Mori Ogai, who has had military employment experience, knows that superpowers are not completely non-material energy that cannot be deconstructed. Over there, the continent defined as the birthplace of supernatural powers, the use of supernatural energy has reached a very mature level.