31

"WHY ARE YOU GOING TO OLYMPUS?" Holden asked Viviene as she zipped up her backpack.

"Because my father said so." Viviene shrugged, sitting down next to Holden." He didn't give me any details. Said we'd talk about it when I come."

"He's meeting you at the entrance?" Holden asked and Viviene nodded. "Come on, I'll walk you."

Holden grabbed Viviene's hand and slung her backpack over his shoulder. They walked in silence, Holden walking her through his daily routine as a way of trying to distract her from the looks people threw her way.

"Here comes the murderer." One guy from the Athena cabin snickered. Holden stopped and let fo off Viviene's hand.

"Holden-"Viviene was cut off by Holden sending her a look to stay quiet.

"You got a problem?" Holden asked, walking over to the guy.

Annabeth stood behind her sibling, trying to pull him away. She refused to look at Viviene and a part of Viviene's heart broke.

"Yeah, I do! " The guy  replied with a scoff. "She should have been expelled for Elodie's death."

"Don't speak Elodie's name." Holden glared at him. "What happened to her wasn't Viviene's fault. "

"Why don't you  two go to the traitor you call your 'brother' and 'best friend' ?"

Viviene spun her ring and Alcippe's sword was in her hand. She jumped forward and grazed the guy's arm with her sword.

"You stupid bi-"

"I suggest you don't finish that sentance." A loud voice boomed.

Annabeth pulled her sibling away, her eyes widening. Their cabin group cowered down in fear, backing away from Holden and Viviene.

Ares stood behind Viviene, his own sword in his hand. His sunglasses were hanging from his black shirt, showing his firey eyes. A black leather jacket slung over his shoulder and black pants.

"Lord Ares." The guy whimpered.

"Pathetic." Ares rolled his eyes. "Come on." He told Viviane and grabbed her arm gently."Thank you for defending my daughter, Holden. "

"No problem, Lord Ares." Holden nodded, handing him Viviene's backpack.

Ares glared at the group again before walking towards the exit with Viviene.

"A limo?" Viviene asked, furrowing her brows.

"Ah, I have a surpise in there." Ares smirked. " She refused to let me pick you up alone." He said as he opened the back door.

"Viviane,my darling!" Aphrodite's voice greeted her. Viviane smiled and jumped into the seat next to her stepmother, throwing her arms around her.'"Oh, I missed you! What happened to your hair, honey? You have bags under your eyes, Viviene! You need to take care of yourself." Aphrodite gushed with a sweet smile, Viviene's face in Aphrodite's hands.

Ares got into the drivers seat and started the car in silence.

"I'm sorry." Viviene whispered, looking down.