55

VIVIENE THREW THE TRIDENT AT THE TARGET, A GRUNT ESCAPING HER LIPS.

The target burned in blue flames right on the spot.

Clapping filled Viviene's ears and she swiftly turned around.

"Very good, Viviene." Blake grinned at her friend. Annabeth was clapping next to her and Thalia stood next to them,watching Viviene with an impressed face."Who made you angry?" She commented as Viviene raised her hand and the trident flew into her hand.

"Clarisse." She replied quickly before throwing the trident into another target once more.

"She's annoying." Thalia nodded." You're making progress with that."

"Well, Lord Poseidon didn't give her much of a choice." Annabeth said." You know he kept dragging her to Olympus because she refused to use the weapon he blessed her with."

"I actually quite like it now." Viviene shot the girls a smirk and raised her hand, her trident flying back into her hand. She spun it in her hand, watching the blue sizzling sparks. "It's badass."

"And similar to my weapon." Thalia grinned." We're matching."

"Remind me again, why'd Percy's dad give you a trident?" Blake asked.

"He said the trident would protect me and mumbled something about a connection " Viviene shrugged. "I don't care honestly, I love the weapon. And look at this."

Viviene tapped the spiky top of the trident with one hand and it transformed into a blue spiky crown on her head.

"Sick." The three girls spoke in usion and Viviene smiled.

♤♤

"So, how come you didn't join the girls on the mission?" Castor, the son of Dyonisus, asked Viviene as they sat on the hill, leaning against Thalia's tree.

Castor and Viviene got close to eachother, despite Viviene's hatred for Castor's father. After Percy left camp to go back to school last summer, Viviene started hanging out at the beach more often, usually alone with her thoights.

One day, Castor joined  her , and their friendship began.

"I stayed so you wouldn't have to be on patrol alone." Viviene grinned at Castor. He rolled his eyes." I've been training like mad ever since I got the trident. I just wanted to rest for a bit."

"Right, your future father-in- law gave you a weapon." Castor snickered, shooting the girl a teasing look." You sure that's the real reason you stayed? " Viviene nodded.

She was lying.

"Liar." Castor said. Viviene groaned. " I'm listening."

"So....I like Percy." Viviene slowly admitted.

" Cass?"

"Well, tell me something I don't know, woman!" Castor gave her a look. Viviene blushed. "At least you finally admitted it. I always had a feeling Holden wasn't the one for you."